Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

10 hours ago, Roofi said:

I don't think this texture pack launches under chocolate-doom. It would be a shame because I'd like to make vanilla-compatible maps.

This is something that I've been fighting with over the last little while. I was starting to work on a project aimed around re-texturing Doom 2 completely using OTEX (as a sort of 25-years of Doom 2 thing), but I wanted it to be compatible with Chocolate Doom so that it was as accessible as possible. That part has basically stopped me dead in my tracks with the project, at the moment. I most frequently get this error message: W_CacheLumpNum: %i >= numlumps

2 hours ago, Misty said:

etrn388.png

Idgames archives have plenty of hidden textures packs... this one is called gloom. 

I think those pentagrams would look better as un-indented mid textures?

48 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

May have gone a little overboard with the midtextures in this room

Your custom title is showing.

On 1/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

This is something that I've been fighting with over the last little while. I was starting to work on a project aimed around re-texturing Doom 2 completely using OTEX (as a sort of 25-years of Doom 2 thing), but I wanted it to be compatible with Chocolate Doom so that it was as accessible as possible. That part has basically stopped me dead in my tracks with the project, at the moment. I most frequently get this error message: W_CacheLumpNum: %i >= numlumps

I want to look into this over the next few days, there's no reason it shouldn't work. The wad might need to be adjusted with how it stores flats to be used with vanilla/chocdoom

OTEX is also incompatible with vanilla due to textures more than 128 pixels tall, presumably the total lump count, and of course animated textures need to be made to piggyback on the hard-coded entries. Animated FLATs won't work at all and switches will need to be using vanilla name slots. The animated switches won't work.

I, or someone else, should make a vanilla version...

18 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

08.png.7114f355429254af50d2f151bb64696f.png

MAP 06. Going for a factory feel here. Also, the maps don't flow into each other for a reason. ;)

Looks very sweet!

Check this out, logs and readable books in Zulu Language, Only by anubis's

I had to make the message box a little larger since i'm using the latest GZdoom version

fExDwnd.png

QGze8or.png

15 hours ago, guitardz said:

More of Nuclear Remnant

looks really awesome mate, I'm excited to play what yall are making.

visually what I think would probably help a lot would be utilization of cleaner texture cutoffs. specifically:

• shot 1: in the low-ceiling hallway, the textures on the sides don't have a clean cutoff at the floor. I think I'd probably just lower the ceiling by 8px to eliminate this one. this one is probably the most minor one to me though.
  • shot 2: the textures on the tops of all the beams, as well as the same texture that's on all the walls, cuts off at the ceiling, by 16px above the seam. I'd either switch to using OBASEJ59 for the walls and align all the textures accordingly so that there's one of the 16px tall bars of the texture along the top of the walls, or lower the sky by 16px, and just change the upper texture on the beams to use OBASEJ50.
  • shot 3: cutoffs in the windows are great! I think the same thing ought to be applied to the steps though too. the texture cuts of naturally every 16px, and 16px is a great height for steps anyway (and in fact, the steps you made might already be 16px tall it looks like), so i'd just adjust your floor/ceiling offsets for the steps so that they fall on increments of 8, just like the seams of the texture naturally do

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

NICE TIPS!

Hey thanks for the input, I really appreciate it, the beam textures I have actually been trying to find a replacement for in OTEX.  As for those steps, that's a good catch, they were set to the same cutoff but they probably got height changed by accident at some point and I didn't notice, I probably would have continued not noticing it if you hadn't pointed out, lol.  As for the first screen, if I lower the ceiling in there it will misalign the textures on the outside wall as they currently line up with the top of that hallway.  I think what I will do is find a good 8px trim texture and use it as a lower across that hallway.