Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

7 hours ago, Gez said:

I'm gonna go with GZDoom on the right because it looks "taller", as if factoring in Doom's 1.2 aspect ratio correction factor. (You can turn it off, though.)

You are guys correct, but about that "taller" thing - I took a screenshot in unreal at 800x600 and 1920x1080 in gzdoom and scaled it down, and they are different ratios. 

On 2/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, Lutz said:

dunno how far along you are with this project, but it looks truly excellent and I really can't wait to play it. bright blue daytime sky + long shadows is such a great combination, and I find the scale really charming too. you're a legend Lutz, really eager to play this :D

2 hours ago, skaarjman said:

You are guys correct, but about that "taller" thing - I took a screenshot in unreal at 800x600 and 1920x1080 in gzdoom and scaled it down, and they are different ratios. 

I actually thought right because the dynamic lights in it just look more GZDoomy.

1 hour ago, guitardz said:

I actually thought right because the dynamic lights in it just look more GZDoomy.

yeah you are right, I couldn't achieve very same lighting effects since they are very different, I think unreal uses pre built lighting. Also I like that "grain" that unreal has.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:38 AM, guitardz said:

Also, made a new banner logo for my channels:

channel_logo_w_face.png

That "mostly" made my day :V .

Sure as hell applies to me as well.

Some shots of a Wad i have been working on, themed after a hell prison escape essentially, haven't found a cool edgy demonic name for the place yet

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_023345.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_023426.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_023513.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200211_215049.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_023304.png

I'm pretty sure I recognize some Quake textures in that, but what are the others from?

Just now, Gez said:

I'm pretty sure I recognize some Quake textures in that, but what are the others from?

They're all OTEX. One of them is heavily Quake inspired (though not derived) so I understand the association.

I used to make my own textures for wads, but OTEX is so perfect for what i wanted to do here that i just decided to use it

1 hour ago, ukiro said:

They're all OTEX. One of them is heavily Quake inspired (though not derived) so I understand the association.

That's why they had this sort of diffuse familiarity. As in, I was pretty sure I had seen them before but didn't remember where exactly, and OTEX has so many textures that I had forgotten these in particular came from there.

10 hours ago, skaarjman said:

yeah you are right, I couldn't achieve very same lighting effects since they are very different, I think unreal uses pre built lighting. Also I like that "grain" that unreal has.

Either way, I like it, I never played Unreal but I am interested in this if it is to be a full on remake :)

8 hours ago, seed said:

That "mostly" made my day :V .

Sure as hell applies to me as well.

I put "Mostly" in there as a just in case thing, lol, so far everything on the channel is still Doom.  Also, I found it to be a humorous name so I went with it.

Thank you! They feel a little sub par when viewed as screenshots imo but then I remind myself that all but the last shot (which is the bonus credits map) were made within the same 24hr window and I feel I can let myself off the hook a little. :V

15 hours ago, skaarjman said:

I think unreal uses pre built lighting.

(whispers) k8vavoom has lightmaps. the same thing Quake is using for static lighting. in Doom. no extra work needed. mostly compatible (more-or-less) with GZDoom lights. try it, it is free. ;-)

5 hours ago, ketmar said:

(whispers) k8vavoom has lightmaps. the same thing Quake is using for static lighting. in Doom. no extra work needed. mostly compatible (more-or-less) with GZDoom lights. try it, it is free. ;-)

Jumped here as soon as I've seen your reply to test it, but it doesn't seem to be working, I can't run my mod, can't seem to disable random pitch sound, also weapon was shaking in random positions I don't know why is that :D 

@skaarjman k8vavoom is not *completely* compatible with GZDoom (as it is not a ZDoom fork). so don't expect everything to "just work", especially for more complex things. ;-) usually, the engine will tell alot in "conlog.log", and some GZDoom features are simply missing (yet ;-). but i cannot say anything more helpful without laying my hand on your mod. ;-) PM me if you want, i am always glad to help. most of the time it is possible to make things work both in GZDoom and in k8vavoom, or i may implement some missing things.

24 minutes ago, ketmar said:

@skaarjman k8vavoom is not *completely* compatible with GZDoom (as it is not a ZDoom fork). so don't expect everything to "just work", especially for more complex things. ;-) usually, the engine will tell alot in "conlog.log", and some GZDoom features are simply missing (yet ;-). but i cannot say anything more helpful without laying my hand on your mod. ;-) PM me if you want, i am always glad to help. most of the time it is possible to make things work both in GZDoom and in k8vavoom, or i may implement some missing things.

I see, well there are some really really heavy lighting maps in Unreal, so I might do that :) 

23 hours ago, LF222 said:

Some shots of a Wad i have been working on, themed after a hell prison escape essentially, haven't found a cool edgy demonic name for the place yet

Screenshot_Doom_20200212_023513.png

Looks cool. Like those dark bricks with the red mortar.

57 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Looks cool. Like those dark bricks with the red mortar.

Pretty sure the red mortar is blood.

20 minutes ago, Gez said:

Pretty sure the red mortar is blood.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Maybe blood is mixed into the mortar. :D

On 2/13/2020 at 8:51 AM, skaarjman said:

Rrajigar Mine

question.png

Wondering if you have the Skaarj in there too? Unreal was awesome and this looks really cool.

1 hour ago, Doom_Dude said:

Wondering if you have the Skaarj in there too? Unreal was awesome and this looks really cool.

sure thing!

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif

On 2/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, Tormentor667 said:

New exclusive shots from Blade of Agony's Chapter 3

2020-02-10_203634.jpg

Looking great as always, but i love the design of this room with a model of the crazy new capital city that was supposed to replace Berlin. I assume that large dome is the Volkshalle.

Maybe it's something else.