Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

42 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Ahhh that looks great. Look forward to playing that. Love the Skaarj.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Speedmapped my submission for @Liberation's 2nd 1,000 lines project. 

Very nice looking! One thing to note however: These STARTAN influenced textures in OTEX, suitably named OSTAR***, have been adjusted ever so slightly to be easier to use with sector heights in steps of 8. The ones in OTEX v1.0 often need nudging a pixel or three to look good with varying sector heights, which annoyed me. I should really get v1.1 out...

2 hours ago, skaarjman said:

Small sneak peek on Dug map which is nearly complete

Screenshot-Doom-20200218-012637.png

That's amazing. If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known that wasn't just a normal screenshot from Unreal, and I've played Unreal dozens of times.

6 hours ago, Buff Skeleton said:

That's amazing. If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known that wasn't just a normal screenshot from Unreal, and I've played Unreal dozens of times.

Cool B) 

11 minutes ago, skaarjman said:

Another sneak peek on Dug map

Screenshot-Doom-20200218-143811.png

This is impressive. Are those all sectors, right? No 3d models.

I'd hope they are 3D models (at least for the tanks), making them with sectors would be extremely annoying and tedious.

1 minute ago, Gez said:

I'd hope they are 3D models (at least for the tanks), making them with sectors would be extremely annoying and tedious.

Oh yes, everything is 3D models, even room decorations, it would not be possible to make such things with 3D sectors. And even if somehow I could do it (tedious), look at those red switches - try "animating" them with 3D sectors :). We will complete Dig, Dug, patch  Vortex2 and NyLeve a little bit, and I will release 5 map demo version with all content in them (monsters, weapons, powerups, everything)

Past two weeks' progress on Gomorrah's Hell map.

Spoiler

s6jLcMg.pngAuYtl1H.pngYXayqK6.png

That’s exactly how it looked in Unreal! That fan has to be the FPS version of Sonic 3’s barrel of death

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Nice effect, but the fan's spinning way, way, wayyyy too slowly for that effect to be believable. 

Well, in Unreal fans spin at exact same speed :), maybe they create such big wind because they are huge 

1 hour ago, skaarjman said:

Well, in Unreal fans spin at exact same speed

Ahh I see. Well, that's fair enough I guess. :P