Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

1 hour ago, GoodDoomGuy2020 said:

Wow this is good stuff.

If you're going to do the same, just had a case where a custom texture looked worse in ultimate gzdoombuilder than in-game.

e1 - did a test ingame

9l2xaYu.png

Edited by NeedHealth : testing textures

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

If you're going to do the same, just had a case where a custom texture looked worse in ultimate gzdoombuilder than in-game.

e1 - did a test ingame

9l2xaYu.png

Ok bro.

I was going through some old stuff on the new hardware and found this from like 2014/2015:

cJEMCpk.png

That is... Depressing. I also have a fully functional and complete MAP17 level for that megawad I never released lying around somewhere, might find it and upload it or something.

OwO wuts dis? More TMoD stuff already? :o

Why yes! Yes it is! And this is the first time I'm modifying the HEXEN engine to produce a TMoD experience! I lack any decent DEHACKED style editor for Hexen (only 1 exists AFAIK and it doesn't work under DOSBOX :l) So don't be surprised if it feels too same-y to regular Hexen.

DYNAMITE_MENU.jpg.19cbab3f95fb1dc1b27ca074405b8bea.jpg

Here is Dynamite. Yeah you all know her by now she's had what? 5 wads before this? >_>

TNT_MENU.jpg.70cd88da2ce17294f5c46a6b30588b0b.jpg

Hold the phone. Now give the phone to me. TNT? Yes ladies and gents! In this adventure you can choose to play as Dynamite's older twin sister! TNT!

KOKACHI_MENU.jpg.45501ef2b089cf79d1bcb5be27c46913.jpg

And since my Avatar shows 7/8 of the main characters of the TMoD crew. Allow me to introduce the final member! KOKACHI! She's a panda. :3

(You have no idea how hard it was to get anything to work under vanilla Hexen. If vanilla DooM was physically Handicapped, Hexen would be a pile of bones that screams the 2nd letter of the alphaber cause revenoots already stole A).

34 minutes ago, GoodDoomGuy2020 said:

DOOM95 ON WINDOWS 95.

Heh, I've ran into a "modern technology" problem...

I don't have DPLAY.dll

1 hour ago, TheDoorMatt said:

Heh, I've ran into a "modern technology" problem...

I don't have DPLAY.dll

2 minutes ago, GoodDoomGuy2020 said:

ok.

erm... I need help. Running it in compatibility mode doesn't work, and using a guide to create a DPLAY.dll and reinstall the game didn't work.

I am running windows 8.1, and if I run DOOM95 off the disc it does the music glitch. Help with either is appreciated!

Clearly the worst level in the IWADs is subjective, but I think there can be situations where a map is both one of the best AND worst; for entirely different reasons. See E3M2: Slough of Despair, where needing noclip to get out of this area is completely random in my experience, all because the linedefs have to be executed in a specific order?

Slough Of Despair.png

On 3/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, A.Gamma said:

It's been so long since I last posted here that there's now a brand new thread! Here's some weekend mapping to get back in the Doom Mood after a year away.

<pics>

Looks great! Do I feel some love for Q2 here or am I imagining it?