Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

17 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I hope you don’t mind me stealing that trick for my map. I’ll credit you in the c refits I’d you’d like

Go ahead. No need to put me in the credits. :P

I hope you all don't mind super unfinished shots.

https://imgur.com/a/P9weBp8

I've found that doing outdoor areas is 100X easier to make something than tech base.

Edited by BluePineapple72 : Replacing old images with links to imgur to preserve space

Levelution1339644714_Levelution1.png.3074265b3af7f9073357a6da76fbea57.png1271599953_Levelution2.png.0cd9137ab68e45bd1c687a8205dcecc0.png

I'm kinda pissed about this area. I really wanted the soulsphere to spawn on the top of that gore pile, but it's stopped working and will only spawn if I place it elsewhere in the room. I think it has to do with occupying the same space as another thing, but I'm not sure.

Edited by BluePineapple72

9 hours ago, chowbar said:

Just finished @Shaviro and Team Future's excellent Doom 3 Phobos mod and man I can't wait to see episode 2!

can't wait for it to be ported back to vanilla.

(and i am not even sure that i am joking here)

Love those light gradients on the pyramid. It really doesn't make sense, but it's striking.

21 minutes ago, Gez said:

Love those light gradients on the pyramid. It really doesn't make sense, but it's striking.

Is it just light gradients or is the light phasing and moving from bottom to the top of the pyramid? GIF of it would be amazing. ;)

I did briefly look in to making the light phase, but that didn't do much on my early attempt, so I've left it as a static gradient for now that makes a nice visual. I may try my luck with phasing again though, once I'm done with the monster placement and testing.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

What do you guys think?

1. it seems to better fit to heretic.

2. too high screenshot gamma. ;-)

8 hours ago, Alper002 said:

Reminds me that I made a(n unreleased) custom palette which replaced the greens with a more teal color. Definitely changes the feel of some places.

Holy shit! That looks awesome!

@Tango Thank you. I'm deliberately trying to avoid bumpy floors, narrow corridors, and things sticking out of walls, as I know how much people like to complain about those. I'm trying to keep most of the detail on the ceiling and recessed into walls, and create a sense of epicness throughout by widening rooms and raising ceilings. There's actually more room and less obstructions than the original map in quite a few cases ;)

As for kicking your ass, so far I haven't added any additional enemies so with the increased room to move around the maps are actually slightly easier than the original levels. I am tempted to start work on a slightly more slaughter-y option after the initial release, though.

I recently took screenshots on Bauhaus' map 2 by Didy for my personal reviews.  I love the atmosphere of this map with its starry sky , the bauhaus' style of architecture , the use of lights... It's one my favourite house-themed maps with Sunder map 32.

bauhau13.png

bauhau15.png

bauhau14.png

On 4/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, Alper002 said:

custom palette which replaced the greens with a more teal color.

I thought you'd loaded up Eviternity's palette, I remember when making that palette it gave me renewed interest in playing the game itself because of how different things looked. Good stuff! :)