Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

On 5/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, Arbys550 said:

P7gXCj7.png

well, at least you picked up an energy cell XD. 

6 hours ago, Russell_P said:

Experimenting with lighting. I don't think it's quite there yet.Screenshot_Doom_20200513_022017.png.4363aa4e81564d2a180c05e6fce46543.png

Honestly the very simple dynamic lighting works here. Very moody and desolate feel, which I imagine is close to what you're going for.

Psyched to see you back at it, Russell! Doom Raider must have been one of the very first ZDoom WADs I played. The impression it left on me is still fresh in my mind.

24 minutes ago, vanilla_d00m said:

Really nice to be back.. playing that old classic level in Ultimate DOOM E1M1.

5g44.PNG

Is this a virtual machine or is your set up actually running windows 95?

3 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

What makes you think it's Windows 95? 

5 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

minimal is 98 (with plus pack, i believe), because of gradient captions. but i bet this is XP.

2 hours ago, dr_st said:

What makes you think it's Windows 95? 

17 minutes ago, ketmar said:

minimal is 98 (with plus pack, i believe), because of gradient captions. but i bet this is XP.

Sorry, I'm a zoomer, it just looks like an old version of windows (also it said Doom95, so I assumed).

eh, i just couldn't miss the oportunity to show some useless knowledge nobody cares about. sorry. ;-)

MAP04 of Gomorrah (part of it anyway). Playing around with dynamic lighting a tiny bit more on this one as opposed to other maps.

sssaturday_2020-05-16_2.png.e2e06eeaf9b222d987ae085c940011cd.png

sssaturday_2020-05-16_3.png.db31ec1c57219e9d48410e7ccccece0d.png

4 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

Sorry, I'm a zoomer, it just looks like an old version of windows (also it said Doom95, so I assumed).

There's a DOOM95 folder, but the screenshotted program is PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.5. Also he's running Chrome as browser, and I doubt Chrome would run on Win9X, what with the earliest version being from 2008, in other words two years after Microsoft ended extended support for Windows 98.

19 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

WinXP

I was just testing DOOM 95.. I found out the audio is much louder in this one then all but not all ports I tried in the past months.  (Even with the volume slider 8 on the doom 95 itself for sound fx/music)

Edited by vanilla_d00m

2 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

WinXP

I was just testing DOOM 95.. I found out the audio is much louder in this one then all but not all ports I tried in the past months.  (Even with the volume slider 8 for sound fx/music)

WELL THIS GOOD ON WINXP.

Well, it certainly looks awesome. Did you just edit the textures?

Experimenting with hexagons and probably keeping the detailing to a minimum....

Q1WAcgk.jpg

oIi9HDS.jpg

Edited by Doom_Dude

16 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

A project from 10 months ago that never materialized further than a few rooms.

But those are great looking few rooms! Hope you will find inspiration to finish this project. These shots look awesome.

image.png.7977fe43235cc004c5d7c79463cf4aed.png

Some minor texture allignment has been done on the front of this piece, you can see the other side which hasn't been touched and how much a difference bothering with the textures makes.

This area is part of a section of my 'first' WAD, a video of which can be found on my youtube (before I added all this cool shit)

17 hours ago, StalkerBlade said:

The lighting was a big part of Doom's graphics when it first came out. I wanted to do something special like that with my episode 1 remaster by differentiating the indoor and outdoor lighting. I think these two areas really show what I was trying to do:

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_203434.png.3afb9e18460d01231e5bd3894f386cb9.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_203730.png.c382a16e5669b9d4ace44bc03b71025b.png

You have a clear vision of where "inside" and "outside" is. It's a pain in the ass to do this though because everything must be pixel perfect and can be a performance hog if you're not careful. I guess it'll work until GZDoom gets some kind of proper environment lighting; if ever, anyway.

I wonder where 1st shot interior textures are from?