Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

Is this a Prince of Persia remake by any chance?  If so it looks very convincing so far.  I wonder if you could pull off the crumbling floor panels in the Doom engine...

I am thinking of using models with some scripting. It will be probably over my scripting ability to make it really robust, but I think I can manage falling when you run over them. But right now, I don't even know if I continue with this. I've done first 3 textures something like 5 years ago, rest was done today. No idea when I get to work on it again.

2 hours ago, dr_st said:

What do the letters on the paper map mean?

2 hours ago, Gez said:

(S)ecret, (B)ridge, and (L)ift, I suppose.

What Gez said!

7 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

MOLN42O.jpg

Are you always doing that sophisticated sketches before you start with mapping itself? :)

2 hours ago, damned said:

Are you always doing that sophisticated sketches before you start with mapping itself? :)

Nope. I haven't done a sketch before starting in years. I just decided to give it a shot again after some of us were talking about sketching out the design for levels in another thread. Most of the sketches I've done in the past were just for particular rooms / areas. :)

It turned out that 1 square on the graph paper works pretty well on the 128 grid in the editor. So when drawing the rooms in editor I kept to the grid but when I drew the outside / cave areas I ignored the grid for the most part. At first I started on the 64 grid but I found that it was pretty cramped, so I started over.

6 hours ago, ketmar said:

@Doom_Dude the scetch looks like a map for some 2d platformer. ;-)

Hmmm, well if you say so. ;) I can kinda see that tho...

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

On the contrary, I'm getting huge DnD vibes from the sketch. :)

Yes, that is spot on for sure. :D

Basic falling tiles are in. They shake a little and than fall when you touch them. It's dirty and not even remotely what I would like, but it's a start.

POP_4.jpg

Chomper is only animated midtexture right now. Kinda don't know where to start with coding the functionality.

POP_5.jpg

I think I am missing only the gate as far as textures for dungeon part go. I will probably release it just as a resource pack when it's done.

14 hours ago, NeoWorm said:

Chomper is only animated midtexture right now. Kinda don't know where to start with coding the functionality.

Can't you use slopes, attached surfaces and crushers? GZDoom should be smart enough to fit the teeth together.

Hell To Pay is a delightfully 90's retail megawad by Wraith Corporation, the same team or so responsible for Perdition's Gate. Some very cool mapping ideas in this one actually, it's kind of like a fusion between TNT and Icarus.

Spoiler

LCzUiyY.png
0iLeAjx.png
7WVHXOQ.png
prU3Bkz.png
caMCgG5.png
T4lZiDI.png
weHGxzp.png
3b3tHuV.png
56SZOLB.png
LIerc4n.png
GSIrvqR.png
7lLwmgI.png
We87AsC.png

50 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

it's kind of like a fusion between TNT and Icarus.

The trident looks more like a fusion between the Hellstaff and the Firemace.

5 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Waiting the launch of Space-X... why not making an Hopper painting in DooM?

DjPRD9r.png

I want you to know that I love this