Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

On mercredi 27 mai 2020 at 11:23 PM, dr_st said:

The trident looks more like a fusion between the Hellstaff and the Firemace.

There are two tridents, a blue one that's the plasma rifle and a red one that's the BFG.

Finished Hell To Pay, I didn't really care all that much for the third act of the WAD but I've seen far worse. All-in-all a pretty good experience, I'd recommend it to anyone fond of 90's megawads.

Spoiler

0fzWbU8.png
8c3YNdP.png
NnnZoNs.png
4ak4Nyk.png
dztY8sH.png
zrGDb9p.png
ex2Mz7w.png
raDeY0n.png
8qy8YDT.png
fvCEzKw.png
GAB0x1q.png
cOYgJsw.png

On 5/29/2020 at 2:13 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Some WIP stuff

Screenshot_Doom_20200529_185557.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200529_185423.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200529_185526.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200529_185443.png

*Framerates dropping to zero...*

Wasn't too crazy about the yellow portion of the font in my titlepic [see a few posts above] so I made a new one.

This will be a small set of maps (9-12) that will be playable in a short period of time (5 minutes or less). Just stuff you can blast through quickly...

qJaFnfS.jpg

f5cPwG9.jpg

On 5/27/2020 at 9:25 AM, <<Rewind said:

DOOM Eternal with pixelation shader VS DOOM II with pixelation shader.

8399F0249B504BC68101E8E87C7BECDE9D78CA59

Where can I find this?  Is it a ReShade preset?

Because of my super slow computer, I have to wait like 2 minutes before a picture loads. so I sit there trying to guess what it is with just the first row of pixels appearing, and like 100% of the time I am wrong. Still, the pictures that I have seen over 1/8 of are really great, and I can't wait for more wonderful pictures!

2 hours ago, guitardz said:

Where can I find this?  Is it a ReShade preset?

Yes, this one:

https://github.com/prod80/prod80-ReShade-Repository

It's a great filtre. Feels really good how the dither flickers, making especially DOOM 2 graphics feel more alive. 

Looks fantastic in the new DOOM games in my opinion and so far I genuinely enjoy playing them that way. I'd like to try this in other games. Portal 2, Bioshock Infinite, Carmageddon Reincarnation maybe. Any suggestions?

The downsides of this shader might be:

- it doesn't have smoothening scale

- the only workable pixel scale is 4x4 pixels (I kinda preferred 3x3 with the ingame Doom 2 shader but it doesn't exist here)

19F2AE29BD63DF73A79D1F39EA46FD0B82F2F955

B98B805DCFD1831E1237774DB11B1F5BFB24CCEB

Edited by <<Rewind

29 minutes ago, <

Yes, this one:

https://github.com/prod80/prod80-ReShade-Repository

It's a great filtre. Feels really good how the dither flickers, making especially DOOM 2 graphics feel more alive. 

Looks fantastic in the new DOOM games in my opinion and so far I genuinely enjoy playing them that way. I'd like to try this in other games. Portal 2, Bioshock Infinite, Carmageddon Reincarnation maybe. Any suggestions?

The downsides of this shader might be:

- it doesn't have smoothening scale

- the only workable pixel scale is 4x4 pixels (I kinda preferred 3x3 with the ingame Doom 2 shader but it doesn't exist here)

Nice!  I got it working, but for some reason when I take a screenshot with Steam it takes it without the filter.  I also added prod80's Technicolor fx to it, nice colors.

46 minutes ago, guitardz said:

Nice!  I got it working, but for some reason when I take a screenshot with Steam it takes it without the filter.  I also added prod80's Technicolor fx to it, nice colors.

You can take a png screenshot with reshade and replace the steam one if you can be bothered. Steam adds too much jpg damage anyway.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:13 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Some WIP stuff

Pardon me, I have to pick my jaw up off the floor . . . 

3 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Lowest is about 60-70 ;p

so 60 or 70 seconds per frame, thats almost playable :)

seriously though, it looks awesome

On 5/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Some WIP stuff

WTF!? That's epic.

43 minutes ago, Russell_P said:

so 60 or 70 seconds per frame, thats almost playable :)

seriously though, it looks awesome

I hardly have ever like 40 FPS. More like 15-30(gzdoom, dynamic lights etc on.). I really should buy a new computer.

Not doom so in spoiler:

Spoiler

Someone here might be interested on what I've made earlier. These also might be a source of inspiration to fellow mappers/doomers.

Edited by Jaska

5 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Lowest is about 60-70 ;p

Yeah when you have the hardware :/

On 5/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Some WIP stuff

Hey this looks cool and all and I get that you enjoy making this kind of stuff but my PC isn't so great for GZDoom stuff so please stop making maps like this. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

Hey this looks cool and all and I get that you enjoy making this kind of stuff but my PC isn't so great for GZDoom stuff so please stop making maps like this. Thanks.

I get the joke but I'm kinda bummed too that doom sourceports aren't more efficient.

5 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

I get the joke but I'm kinda bummed too that doom sourceports aren't more efficient.

ah, that's easy to fix: just go back in time and tell Carmack to use data structures better suited for hw rendering. i'd do it myself, but my time machine is broken.