Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

15 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

I don't necessarily think you need to ditch the maps unless you're hellbent on the BTSX aesthetic. You could load a different resource pack and do a find/replace all with analogous textures to those currently used. As Reaper suggested OTEX may be a good alternative.

If you do decide to go forward with another resource pack then I have a couple suggestions regarding this hall. I'd align the bricks on the texture in front of the red key arch such that the seams meet with the sky. Additionally the alternating textures on the walls behind the torch stands is a bit jarring. That only really works if the textures used blend seamlessly into each other.

Thanks m8 (:

I already have OTEX in my Doom directory, I will use it in my future Wads.

19 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

https://imgur.com/a/bMBquMq

What image service sites directly embed into DW?

it can embed basically anything that is a direct image link. but that link is just a link to an album, so you'll have to do a bit more work to get them to embed:

1. open your link
  2. right click on an image in your album and select "Copy image location"
  3. paste that new URL (should have .png or .jpg at the end of it) in your DW post, and watch it auto embed
  4. repeat for each image in your album

Just recently found this secret while searching for secrets to make this level less hard.  This level is killer even on H.M.P.

Screenshot_Doom_20200619_002841.png

@Deadwing How? I'm going to have to get my hands on Ancient Aliens.

I've now played some Ancient Aliens... holy hell, that is a finely crafted wad.

You mean to tell me you have a foggy version of every texture that meets the sky ceiling/floor, including that massive(I'm guessing at least 1000 units tall) tower? I mean, that has to be one midtexture, right? ...no, I see it now. There is an edge.

Wow, that messed me up for a good long while. The world makes sense, again.

Edited by aletheos eberlain

@aletheos eberlain

Yeah, it's a bit bureaucratic, but it needs one texture for each "transition" into the fog, then the fog itself and the sky, where the colors must match to get the effect. In the map from the pics, I needed 6 textures for the bottom fog and 4 for the top. I'm not sure if there's a better way to do that >.<

7 hours ago, Deadwing said:

@aletheos eberlain

Yeah, it's a bit bureaucratic, but it needs one texture for each "transition" into the fog, then the fog itself and the sky, where the colors must match to get the effect. In the map from the pics, I needed 6 textures for the bottom fog and 4 for the top. I'm not sure if there's a better way to do that >.<

There is an easier way, but only if the map is for a port that supports alpha transparency (like gzdoom). In this case you can just use a transparent gradient texture as a midtexture. If the port supports texture transparency it will look like this. However if it does not (which is the case for ports like Boom and Prboom) it will look like this. Boom does have a linedef special for defining translucency on a midtexture. However you would have to use it on an opaque texture, and as far as I can tell it distributes the opacity equally to all pixels. There may have been another way to achieve the desired effect using layers of transparent midtextures in Boom, but it sounded just as maddening as say: baking the gradient into every texture.

Edited by lupinx-Kassman

Splash Zone. My second submission for Pandemonium Multiplayer Madness. This is a 6 hour speedmap I finished last night. It'll be perfect once I find a nice sky.

Come check out the thread, we've got plans to do public testing for all of the WADs submitted sometime soon!

U3NoUaS.png

nlrdLed.png

N3PJ5eV.png

WVxwbp4.png

ITcA0so.png

Spoilers to reduce post size

Spoiler

f3IpHEl.png

erPRV5b.png

G9LLaWK.png

lvCysGC.png

https://imgur.com/a/BPL9cCj

Just now, Tormentor667 said:

Gothic Deathmatch rebooted? :)

hah not quite, I'm just very liberally ripping off Crucified Dreams for a small singleplayer set :D

3 hours ago, Tango said:

hah not quite, I'm just very liberally ripping off Crucified Dreams for a small singleplayer set :D

It actually reminds me of SlaughterDM MAP01, by yours truly :)

@stewboy I fkn love Eternity Engine's alt HUD but I can't use the SVN builds because of an annoying low / shared audio w/ music bug. :(

@Tango Utterly fkn gorgeous. I adore Gothic DM's texture set.

6 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@stewboy I fkn love Eternity Engine's alt HUD but I can't use the SVN builds because of an annoying low / shared audio w/ music bug. :(

I was literally asking about a music issue yesterday, where the music had to be at non-zero volume for sounds to play - not sure if that's what you're referring to or not. The issue was that I was using the dev builds as standalones, rather than installing them over an earlier release, and there's a couple audio-related items that aren't included in the dev builds - midiproc.exe and a few .dll files. I copied them over from a public release and the audio then worked better.

I enjoyed about 80% of the megawad, but it still was pretty cool and well done. I loved the end screen lol.

Screenshot_Doom_20200620_215921.png.ba365df109c4c267a601359a204e7a70.png

41 minutes ago, stewboy said:

I was literally asking about a music issue yesterday, where the music had to be at non-zero volume for sounds to play - not sure if that's what you're referring to or not. The issue was that I was using the dev builds as standalones, rather than installing them over an earlier release, and there's a couple audio-related items that aren't included in the dev builds - midiproc.exe and a few .dll files. I copied them over from a public release and the audio then worked better.

No for me the music was way too fkn loud, couldn't have it and sound at the time time, but if I turned the music off it turned the sound off. I copied a midiproc in and it didn't seem to care, problem persisted. I'm on the current stable build as such.

3 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

but if I turned the music off it turned the sound off

Yeah that's the issue I mean. Try copying over all the .dll files from the public release as well, which is what I had to do. Or maybe post a thread about it on the Eternity forum. My project requires a dev build so I'm hoping people can get it to work!

14 hours ago, stewboy said:

etrn49.png.d88d317832fb1d7245460a709e5bad86.png

Sounds interesting, Can i use the hud?

22 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:
Spoiler

Gameplay is 2/3 done. Getting very close to a public beta

MAP01_at_2020.06.21_23-30-14.518_R3503.j

There will be blood

I don't get it.. how it's possible to make such a complex map? Are you superhuman?