Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

29 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

MAP01_at_2020.06.21_23-30-14.518_R3503.j

Wow, and I thought I was obsessed with symmetry. :P

37 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I don't get it.. how it's possible to make such a complex map? Are you superhuman?

Having seen a bit of his method in action, it's heavy usage of the stair builder and curve tools, combined with generally strong knowledge of the hot keys and other tools. Copy/paste does also feature.

Nice, I always thought that subset of OTEX textures had potential to be used for a more Heretic/Hexen sort of vibe.

3 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

T6otyIW.png

v5y29h6.png

y0FGZmU.png

For me, the thing that really sets the mood is the skybox. Look at it, so gloomy and tetric.

19 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

BDACC171DD48BCEF20CF7CD729BD8F1FD31EAAFA

I really like the contrast in this shot, specifically the pistol. It looks better here than ever IMO

11 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Ozônia E2 opener WIP:

[screenshots]

Any map with snow in it is an automatic must play. May I recommend the snow textures found in 32in24-15 tex? If you're not already using them, I think they will be able to provide a bit more diversity in the visuals.

2 hours ago, Deadwing said:

Thanks a lot @Lila Feuer and @Egg Boy ! I'll take a look at the snow textures! :D

If you want some unique snow & ice textures, I posted a bunch a while ago and I don't think anyone's ever used them:

ZpwjFxm.png

On 6/21/2020 at 5:00 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Gameplay is 2/3 done. Getting very close to a public beta

There will be blood

I can't remember the last time I was simultaneously excited to play a map and worried it would bring my system to its knees.

19 hours ago, elend said:

That must be some of the most convincing city and indoor settings I have ever encountered.

Unless you don't object to some mysterious progression and completionism simultaneously together, you might enjoy maps by Lainos like Doxylamine Moon, Comatose, Monster Hunted Ltd, and so on, or Bloody Steel by Big Memka, these all take city/landscape realism in doom to a very high level, where Lost Civilization is also there. 

On 6/23/2020 at 6:56 AM, elend said:

Lost Civilization - "Downtown"

Been playing this for a while now and holy shit. That must be some of the most convincing city and indoor settings I have ever encountered. Absolutely amazing and a blast to play. Most amazingly, even though the maps are absolutely huuuge, they barely are a "chore" or get you confused / lost. Incredibly well crafted.

screenshot_doom_20200vgja5.png

Lost Civilization also had a lot of nice looking beaches as well.

Yes it does, just overally an amazing wad.

So, I've been playing it recently, and only about the middle of the whole WAD did I notice all those weird plants growing. In the first maps, which feature lots of outdoors, I didn't really notice it, but then it started to appear more indoors and I wondered: "The heck?". Turns out it's a bug, because I am playing with SmoothDoom (I guess?!) and every time I gib an enemy, those weird plants grow out of their carcasses. I think it's beautiful and reminded me of "The Last Of Us" or something.

screenshot_doom_202006gko0.png

Capture.PNG.f6dec764eded9a38620df6c7b82e1772.PNG

Screenshot of a new map. Experimenting with being stingier about health/ammo.

Also having a lot of fun with the fact that I know the player is pistol starting

6 hours ago, elend said:

Turns out it's a bug, because I am playing with SmoothDoom (I guess?!) and every time I gib an enemy, those weird plants grow out of their carcasses. I think it's beautiful and reminded me of "The Last Of Us" or something.

Or "Speaker for the Dead", if these were trees.

2 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Is this a Megawad for Doom 2?

Yes, it is. 

9 hours ago, elend said:

Yes it does, just overally an amazing wad.

So, I've been playing it recently, and only about the middle of the whole WAD did I notice all those weird plants growing. In the first maps, which feature lots of outdoors, I didn't really notice it, but then it started to appear more indoors and I wondered: "The heck?". Turns out it's a bug, because I am playing with SmoothDoom (I guess?!) and every time I gib an enemy, those weird plants grow out of their carcasses. I think it's beautiful and reminded me of "The Last Of Us" or something.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I replaced some gore-sprites with plants so that's why.  Kinda funny though. So where should be "blood and guts" & "pool of brains" there will be a flower/plant. If I would have known it, I could have possibly fixed it because there was some sprites which I didin't replace.

I actually quite like it, I've gotta say. It's kinda neat and gives the whole WAD this weird feel that something is just "off". Can't wait for your LC2 WAD, please finish this ASAP, kthxl8erbye.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Gameplay is 2/3 done. Getting very close to a public beta

Screenshot_Doom_20200621_233237.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200621_233206.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200621_233146.png

There will be blood

Really, really impressive once again! Amazing work. :)