Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

24 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Arch-vile rode the Cyberdemon's rocket.

Lila, please...there's kids on this site :p

1 hour ago, jerrysheppy said:

I have no idea whether I'm the first to think of this, but here it is anyway.

NA7jok8.png

I feel like the only fitting reaction to this would be partial invisibility. 

Looking at "The Crusher" and I'm just amused by how sometimes the level designers had absolutely no idea how light travels sometimes.

Then again they were stuck with a limited engine and didn't have modern level editors, but stuff like this still amuses me looking back on it.

Capture.PNG.34839a0a05c0491b9eb6b3829e28c808.PNG

8 minutes ago, HQDefault said:

Looking at "The Crusher" and I'm just amused by how sometimes the level designers had absolutely no idea how light travels sometimes.

Then again they were stuck with a limited engine and didn't have modern level editors, but stuff like this still amuses me looking back on it.

I quite liked the abstract lighting, made it feel more hellish.

12 minutes ago, HQDefault said:

Capture.PNG.34839a0a05c0491b9eb6b3829e28c808.PNG

From a more realistic point of view, would it be like this ?

LeCB3Y1.png

6 hours ago, reflex17 said:

TOP 10 PHOTOS TAKEN MOMENTS BEFORE DISASTER

p5QmQ9u.png

-20 HP. Not that bad actually.

7 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

My original idea for reworking Inmost Dens was to turn it into some kind of subverted gated community, which would have simply added a few urban elements to the existing theme:

geXOgIt.png

However, I recently decided to go in an entirely new direction:

wCgUDhO.png

There are still going to be flooded and corrupted areas which resemble the original version of the level. Some of the textures in the picture are placeholders (particularly the 64x64 tiles on the ceiling and the 8x8 tiles on the wall), and I'll be making some new ones to replace them.

I would totally play this one, possibly even speedrun it! Inmost Dens is an awesome map and your remake looks even better.

5 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

My original idea for reworking Inmost Dens was to turn it into some kind of subverted gated community, which would have simply added a few urban elements to the existing theme:

geXOgIt.png

However, I recently decided to go in an entirely new direction:

wCgUDhO.png

There are still going to be flooded and corrupted areas which resemble the original version of the level. Some of the textures in the picture are placeholders (particularly the 64x64 tiles on the ceiling and the 8x8 tiles on the wall), and I'll be making some new ones to replace them.

the work on that subway area is really really nice, I'm excited for this

14 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

The greatest megawads of all time showcase, version 0.3 of the picture

Totally not feeling any pressure 😅

"Greatest megawads of all time" ----> Sigil in the list

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Screenshot_Doom_20200717_031848.png.db72c78e15f74ed912864c1d465294ae.png

Taking a short break from Maximum Doomage to practice working with the UDMF map format since it's objectively better and I can't believe I've been so stubborn about not using it up until now.

So I'm remastering E1M3, 'cause that's one of my favorite levels in classic Doom and it makes for a good mapping exercise.

7 hours ago, Roofi said:

"Greatest megawads of all time" ----> Sigil in the list

May it should be renamed "Most (in)famous megawads of all time".

Either way, I'm hoping the list is just a WIP or the entire thing isn't shown, as the image is missing Hellbound, Whispers of Satan, Reverie, Going Down, and numerous others...

Edited by NiGHTMARE

@Aurelius Now I've seen some impressive shit being done in Doom, but that is on another level entirely.

I'm curious as to how you achieved that. Is it something like a moving polyobject with a portal attached to it?