Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

On 7/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, Egg Boy said:

at the moment, it isn't a thing, I'm just trying to emulate liminal space images in Doom, I'm not even sure how to translate doom gameplay, since the map is currently laid out like a house floorplan.

Heh. I made a map section based on my former neighbors' one floor house.

1 hour ago, Disgruntled Caco said:

Screenshot (102).png

Trites! Loved those guys in Project Brutality. Also I worked a bit too hard at that but eventually managed to remove the red screen tint and shit like that.

@Danz I love that shot, great textures and geometry work. the sky really ties it together too!

3 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

A few screenies for you to enjoy. I have a really sweet setup for high-res and low-res modes that I switch between by a press of a button. Or two, counting the Reshade switch - the "vanilla" mode is 35 fps and the HD one has motion blur shader. Although, using motion blur on pixelated low-res reminds me of the peculiarly pleasant look I had of GZDoom playing on 1366:768 laptop so that's viable as well.

umiBpE0.jpg

u9bVlGE.jpg

rwD5WaD.jpg

6G6alG1.jpg

wetbEyD.jpg

h3LF30s.jpg

Ah, The Slaughter Spectrum, youre a man of culture as well

53 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Made some BIG changes to my map. 

Really digging how this turned out.

(More effort went into this than it should have. More screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/7A0BmW8 )

STARTAN overload! Looks great though :)

1 hour ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Made some BIG changes to my map. 

Really digging how this turned out.

Seeing such complex geometry with nothing but the default Doombuilder textures is slightly unnerving

@BluePineapple72 You just gave the StarTan haters an existential crisis!   They cannot deny the beauty of it.

This surprising only has just two instances of StarTan3 (which are half gray), aside from all the StarBrown, StarRed, StarGreen, and StarGray.

starall.jpg

1 hour ago, Endless said:

I bet you cant guess who made this map.

Hmm Frank Zappa.... and Ray Mohawk ??!!!

No idea who could it be.

1 hour ago, Endless said:

I bet you cant guess who made this map.

Well since I remember precisely what this map is from when I played it, I indeed cannot formulate a guess.

3 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

41j0DHU.png

So it was not entirely set on a spaceship?

29 minutes ago, Gez said:

So it was not entirely set on a spaceship?

IIRC hub 2 was going to be a planet or moon that the escape pod from the end of hub 1 has crashed landed on. Later hubs were going to see a return to both Earth (with some re-imagined levels from Doom 2, including Gotcha!) and Deimos (which has become even more corrupted, and I believe was supposed to have now collided with the surface of Hell - again this would have seen some re-imagined levels, from Doom E2).

I was working on a couple of the Deimos maps and also have some of the earth maps - I think the latter were being worked on by Mike Watson, the author of the Arctica series and MassMouth, and if so would have been his last ever Doom maps. I'll post pics of these at some point, too.

Some elements from the Deimos maps will at least see the light of day, as I've incorporated them into my own Doom 1 remastering project.