Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

42 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Nice architecture, but the trees do not really fit into an Egypt setting.

Maybe palms, fig trees, tall grasses, etc.

Wait when I release my project. There will be palms and firs in the same map.

57 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Nice architecture, but the trees do not really fit into an Egypt setting.

Yeah, I know.

The bushes on the stalks are supposed to be palm trees -- this is one of those "work with what you've got" experiments.  Also, monsters will be attempting to rip you to pieces, so mismatched fauna won't necessarily be the most pressing issue.

8 hours ago, LordEntr0py said:

I like your cave detailing and I'm taking notes... :D

Many thanks! This is my first foray with OTEX, so I'm glad to see that things are working out.

lm4caFb.png

~

mlqanpl.png

~

YALTi2g.png

~

DaLB2fB.png

Next time I do something like this I'll make sure to screenshot the pictures in a way where the line up. Oh and big surprise, map still isn't done lol

It ain't a double post if it's been 8 hours

I think I speak for most of us when I say that if you are gonna post pictures as these, you are more than welcomed to double-post.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

It's just reflection applied - You can do this in ZDoom maps using the UDMF sector property for reflectivity or with ACS's Sector_SetPlaneReflection();

Can you get that anywhere in any map through settings in the sourceport, or does it have to be made so in the map?

3 hours ago, Old-Doomguy said:

Can you get that anywhere in any map through settings in the sourceport, or does it have to be made so in the map?

Certain Total Conversions add reflectively to liquids. But if it's just UDMF, then it has to be map specific.

8 hours ago, kalaeth said:

I think I speak for most of us when I say that if you are gonna post pictures as these, you are more than welcomed to double-post.

Many thanks, friend ,o7

18 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Deadwing That last one's creepy! Great shot.

I concur! In fact, I'd like to ask how you got the effect of the pit getting darker as it gets deeper? I wanted to do something similar for my Mine map of mine.

20 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I concur! In fact, I'd like to ask how you got the effect of the pit getting darker as it gets deeper? I wanted to do something similar for my Mine map of mine.

Custom textures?

There are also ways to achieve that with advanced effects in some source ports, but those pics are from a Boom-compatible project (Ozônia) so I'm betting on custom textures.