Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

Decino's 100 man doom event (cant remember which #). Spawned me in the void :P

I love the dreamy/surreal visuals :D
riD8oYt.jpg

3 hours ago, MattFright said:

Vanilla sector mode is criminally undervalued in GZDoom/UMDF maps. It makes things look so much moodier. I prefer it tenfold over things looking all modern, smooth and clean.

image.png.58ba5c57d9688f6d449284cae9a674bf.png

image.png.ee6800b875ed620548aa8425f3934beb.png

I don't even think it looks modern. I rarely see anything that could compare to Unreal from '98, and much of of it recalls the washed out nadir of 3d graphics in the mid-90s.  What map is this by the way? Love the corridor shape in the last pic.

3 minutes ago, holaareola said:

What map is this by the way? Love the corridor shape in the last pic.

It's something i've been working on for a while to better learn UMDF (and to hopefully finally release something playable)

1 minute ago, MattFright said:

It's something i've been working on for a while to better learn UMDF (and to hopefully finally release something playable)

Looks good. I like how you've used 3d floors (or portals?) to break up the vertical walls in the base exterior shot too.

12 minutes ago, holaareola said:

Looks good. I like how you've used 3d floors (or portals?) to break up the vertical walls in the base exterior shot too.

Likely 3D floors as a few of the extrusions are on very close but slightly different heights. Unless each portal slice is like 16 map units tall :P

4 hours ago, MattFright said:

Vanilla sector mode is criminally undervalued in GZDoom/UMDF maps. It makes things look so much moodier. I prefer it tenfold over things looking all modern, smooth and clean.

image.png.58ba5c57d9688f6d449284cae9a674bf.png

image.png.28a0aa08275302833d56ef69fe32f6d9.png

image.png.ee6800b875ed620548aa8425f3934beb.png

nice

a lot of stuff that 3d floors and slopes can bring that I never considered

maybe I can use some of those ideers to further beautify the gzfreedoom levels Im working on

OTOH, I guess the levels could just be improved over time also... since I still have many many freedoom levels to go

7 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Likely 3D floors as a few of the extrusions are on very close but slightly different heights. Unless each portal slice is like 16 map units tall :P

Nope, just using one portal, linking the rooftops (which will be explorable), and everything on the lower level

8 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

What if instead of fighting the Nazis in Castle Wolfenstein, you fought the KKK in Kastle Klandestein?

IWvJERY.png

Take any wolfenstein mod, make a mod that replaces sprites and textures, done

I summoned a prince of darkness on this night.. a prince of demons.. a demon prince.... a demon prince from the black legion to lead my army of chaos monsters and marines in to battle against the doomguy

blacklegiondemonprince.jpg

I wonder how you can do make work player spawns in vanilla Hexen, I made a test map a pair of years ago (then I recycled the only good room as part of this Zdoom Hexen project MAP06) but it didn't find the player spot (I've put only a player one spot) as well for mapping scripts and other Hexen special effects...

16 hours ago, CBM said:

I summoned a prince of darkness on this night.. a prince of demons.. a demon prince.... a demon prince from the black legion to lead my army of chaos monsters and marines in to battle against the doomguy

blacklegiondemonprince.jpg

Please use imgur, the site you're using crops your thumbnails so you can't see anything and people have to navigate off-site to see the full image.

1 hour ago, Marn said:

Please use imgur, the site you're using crops your thumbnails so you can't see anything and people have to navigate off-site to see the full image.

imgbb also allows me to show the complete picture.. as such...

meganobfinal.jpg

Edited by CBM