• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

e2m5.png

working some more on gzfreedoom...still alone

at Episode 2 map 5 atm

A meme I made back on September 22. Don't ask why I only decided to upload it here now.

646529323_SoyjakNgamox.png.2b203c5b7f9185ec63333723d205361e.png

Carmack was an essential part of id Software as long as engine tech could conceivably be the purview of a single workaholic person. Nowadays, things have changed. Do you think the latest versions of Unity or Unreal Engine have a single genius coder behind them? It's all about teamwork now. And that's Carmack's problem because, for all his technical skill, he's always been quite lacking in, shall we say, social intelligence. It's apparent in Masters of Doom and extremely blatant in Rocket Jump that he was horrible to work with. When he says that Microsoft "don't have a grudge against [him]", it's implicit an admission that the people he worked with previously do have a grudge against him.

As for Romero's tweet about the games now having amazing teams behind them, it's entirely unrelated to the Microsoft buy, since it's talking about the current id crew for Doom 2016 and Eternal -- as well as to the Machinegames crew for the Wolfenstein: The Adjectived Subtitle series.

Bloodstain Map20 - The Great Furnace

Muhaha, Pipicz's head thinks I'm dead but I'm actually not, thanks to the invulnerability sphere that he put so neatly in a secret near exit

Screenshot-Doom-20201017-230502.png

On 10/14/2020 at 5:49 PM, Fairweather said:

Vanilla NaNoWADMo stuff I've been chipping away at.

Ah yes, the Browndry. Seriously though, amazing looking stuff.

34 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Something for BluePineapple's Trick and Tear event. Never used the Blood textures before, and I'm absolutely loving them.

1UI5rd7h.png

0gIvBkeh.png

JeX7mXEh.png

wow looks good... Id better get started... but why not use dynamic lights when it is a gzdoom project?

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

There are dynamic lights in all 3 of those shots. 

0k its just the shot with the shells looks like oldschool lighting

I've been planning a Pokemon-themed Doom mod for a little while, and I'm making a start on it. My sprite art is by no means good, but I'm just excited that I actually managed to get it all working, since I was having some trouble figuring out how to change the graphics at first.

Spoiler

lArirHk.png

Panu1l7.png

IErf35N.png

AIGjRuq.png

(Plus a bonus below, of course.)

OEg2ITh.png

The protagonist is Hatterene, simply because I imagined her slapping enemies with her hat hand in place of Doomguy punching them.

I'm planning on changing the sound effects, weapons (in hand and on the floor), and items soon, then maybe I'll edit the monsters, though at my current skill level that last part might have to wait.

7 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Something for BluePineapple's Trick and Tear event. Never used the Blood textures before, and I'm absolutely loving them.

1UI5rd7h.png

JeX7mXEh.png

Man, this looks cool. Unexpected for me because while Blood remains one of my favourite FPS games of all time, I always thought the textures were quite crap. But here your judicious use of coloured lighting really brings them to life!

11 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

0gIvBkeh.png

JeX7mXEh.png

Holy moly, I'm inspired by this! Blood was and still one of my favourite fps games. Makes me think of making halloween maps with Blood textures.

58 minutes ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Almost there ;)

1344525808_YB20NT(editarea)at2020_10.1818-54-55.006R3623.jpg.199a06fc9dc70d249fe7b373c82e0eab.jpg

Almost there? Looks like a complete map to me, Perhaps every room's layout and design is finished but the difficulty isn't?

On 10/18/2020 at 6:25 AM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

1UI5rd7h.png

0gIvBkeh.png

JeX7mXEh.png

Wow that looks awesome. Why are there no WADS with this stuff already??

2 hours ago, Duvupov said:

Why are there no WADS with this stuff already??

I'd say there are many Wads that use Blood textures/other assets. (Notably Wads that are egyptian themed, Halloween themed, etc.)

I'm pretty sure one of the "city of the damned" uses primarily blood textures. There was also a whole mayhem centered around blood textures iirc