Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

On 12/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, Gez said:

this may amuse you.

You're right, it did, thank you for that. I was unaware that such a thing existed and somehow it didn't occur to me to look it up.

Good thing automap exists because playing that entirely in first person would be a nightmare lol.

6 hours ago, OrbitalSpaceGarbage said:

I'm a filthy whore for Dev Textures - so here's some I've been working on. Obviously heavily influenced by the ones included with the Source Engine. 

5p9uwzR.png

8xDB5yN.png

Yes hello would it be cool with you if I stole these textures

On 12/9/2020 at 11:19 PM, HQDefault said:

Yes hello would it be cool with you if I stole these textures

Expect an alpha version of the textures to be available soon. There's some big missing functionality currently; no door key indicators and no switches. But yeah, they'll be available. 

Here's another snek pek. 

5QLruba.png

1 hour ago, Guardsoul said:

A valley and the skybridge crossing it

This pleases me. Can't wait to play it.

4 hours ago, Marn said:

is this your art?

No, obviously?
OF COURSE IT IS. Why would I post anything that not belong to my hand, I wonder?

also forgot to post this one:

R5Ut2rj.png

Edited by Wereknight

First level using my Dev Textures is getting close to completion - about 90% in terms of geometry and encounters. I think once that phase is done these textures will be ready for an alpha release. Still no switches or door tracks, but really, Dev Textures are there for a place holder for later changes, it's pretty rare that you're undecided about door tracks. 

Also, I wanted to see how the map/textures handled something other than Vanilla Doom 2, so I whacked on Brutal Doom and covered the lovely orange and grey in red chunks. More pics in the Spoiler.

2kpXNxr.png

Spoiler

Vf2qWKj.png

2VRG3Zx.png

HtF6fsT.png

1X3ldXo.png

On 12/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, Guardsoul said:

A valley and the skybridge crossing it

KnJDBhN.png

LgLcNa4.png

The sky perfectly conveys the tropical atmosphere.

2 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Cool Stuff

Ooh, I'm hyped already! I really like the intricate midtexture work here, reminds me a little of Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. Actually, the texturing work is very interesting in general. I don't think I've ever seen Doom II's urban textures used like this before. What sort of Hell is this? An abstract sort, perhaps? I'm getting a feeling of existential dread just looking at it o.o

I love to see IWAD aesthetics stretched to the very limit in novel and unique ways. Seems to be a specialty of yours, judging by NEIS, BOOMSITM and BADRELGN.

20 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

Ooh, I'm hyped already! I really like the intricate midtexture work here, reminds me a little of Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. Actually, the texturing work is very interesting in general. I don't think I've ever seen Doom II's urban textures used like this before. What sort of Hell is this? An abstract sort, perhaps? I'm getting a feeling of existential dread just looking at it o.o

I love to see IWAD aesthetics stretched to the very limit in novel and unique ways. Seems to be a specialty of yours, judging by NEIS, BOOMSITM and BADRELGN.

110% PAR inspired. Thank you for the praise!! This puppy is going to take a long time to cook, but it’s coming.

2 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

110% PAR inspired.

A man of quality, I see! PAR was probably the experience that really got me into PWADs, thus beginning my obsession with all things Doom. Somehow, each map feels like a real place, whilst still maintaining a healthy sense of abstraction. Lutz really is quite brilliant. When I showed NEIS E4M5 (my favourite of his works) to my artist sister, she was immensely impressed by the composition and lighting, going so far as to request screenshots for future study.

7 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

This puppy is going to take a long time to cook, but it’s coming.

I look forward to it all the same! Not to be nosy, but is this a single map project or something... bigger?

r_doom03.png.56c8e07306bf5d411ea587f47faa1ef1.png

The satisfying finale to my long and eventful journey through Killing Adventure 2. Awesome wad.