Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

8 minutes ago, bradharding said:

Which custom graphics aren't being recognized, @waveplay?

I'll PM you - just the gloves and pigs.  The prboom screen shots show what the appropriate look.  Nothing crazy, of course. 

On 3/1/2020 at 7:31 PM, valkiriforce said:

Finished playing The Plutonia Experiment on the Switch earlier last week - so many parts of it were such a pain to play with a joystick but I managed to get through it. Pretty crazy that we have all this fine Doom content on the go!

ZRtWmOx.jpg

This inspired me to load up Doom 2 on the old DS :)

bdaea30e8f910bc6575932c94dcea73e54443676

Edited by Slipgate Tourist

On 3/1/2020 at 1:05 PM, Doom_Dude said:

lol.

Have you considered doing some new levels sometime in the Unreal universe, maybe once you get the project done?

Why not ! Now me and my mapper are in the progress of learning the "style" of Unreal. After that many maps we will surely pick it up so we can create something unique. And I will have everything on a flexible engine too

On 3/2/2020 at 10:25 PM, Matthias said:

wait what... what have I done

mana.gif

something something No Nut November

10 hours ago, Urthar said:

Barons may have received a slight upgrade.

I'm way more excited about that than I have any right to be. I always love seeing "upgraded" Barons. Looks intriguing!

hrgnng, Baphomet, I'm trying to sneak around but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my ass keeps alerting the Doomguy

11 hours ago, Forli said:

I stopped mapping for a couple of months, but now I'm back, and I'm making a green cave with yellow glowsticks.

OTOteoQ.png

7AB5FYa.png

U46cNw3.png

ZklOW64.png

tvcEiCC.png

I really adore your architecture and mapping style, and everything surrounding them is great, but the "glow-sticks" literally hurt my eyes (obviously you're not mapping for me, specifically, but I think it would look better [and not hurt as much] if the lights were toned down a bit). 

@Egg Boy

That texture doesn't look that great if the brightness is toned down :(

V7LCdbk.png

I think that in gameplay the bright lights feel slightly less exaggerated, I'm not sure...

Maybe you could adjust the specific colors in COLORMAP to make the colors still go dark, but slower than default. It'll make them look bright but still get darker at a distance.

It'd also make any other instances of those colors in the map kinda glowy, but that might give the map some unique flair.

@Alper002 Do you mean that I should do a color remap of the texture? I'm not sure how colormaps work but I don't think they are used for something like this :S.

The software renderer uses the COLORMAP lump to determine which colors in the pallette replace which colors at which darkness levels. First row is full brightness, next row is slightly less bright, and so on. There's also the final row which is the invincibility thingy. You can make certain colors NEVER become dark by just making a specific column the same color throughout.