Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

The atmosphere in those shots is absolutely awesome. What texture pack is being used there?

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The atmosphere in those shots is absolutely awesome. What texture pack is being used there?

Thanks Jimmy :)

They are Knave textures that I ported from a custom Quake 1 mappack. I'll be releasing a separate wad when I finish these maps.

1 hour ago, AnotherGrunt said:

MBF 2.04 Widescreen Edition:

E1M1.png.8fb0955727c533fc84f9b9a8890736e5.png

This reminds me of one of my long-time musings: couldn't one render software Doom viewpoints to textures inside a box like one would do for a skybox, and then have a normal 3D camera view at the center of the "skybox" so you could have arbitrarily wide FOV?

59 minutes ago, Linguica said:

couldn't one render software Doom viewpoints to textures inside a box like one would do for a skybox

Don't forget that Doom software renderer doesn't perform perspective correction.

Same here, loving the atmosphere in that area despite its apparent simplicity.

32 minutes ago, seed said:

Same here, loving the atmosphere in that area despite its apparent simplicity.

I think it might be the sky texture

1 minute ago, nue said:

I think it might be the sky texture

I made the sky texture from the Doom 1 episode 1 sky mountains, desaturated it, turned down the brightness, cropped it and then added in a star background. as of right now it's also the titlescreen, but that's not permanent.

22 minutes ago, GrogLoopy said:

I made the sky texture from the Doom 1 episode 1 sky mountains, desaturated it, turned down the brightness, cropped it and then added in a star background. as of right now it's also the titlescreen, but that's not permanent.

Actually if you dont mind can you post it here? I really like it.

12 hours ago, Linguica said:

This reminds me of one of my long-time musings: couldn't one render software Doom viewpoints to textures inside a box like one would do for a skybox, and then have a normal 3D camera view at the center of the "skybox" so you could have arbitrarily wide FOV?

Do you mean that the skybox is drawn with a 3D renderer?  You are still limited to about 179 degrees of FOV, whereas the software renderer can have unlimited FOV, like 720 degrees if you wanted (whole scene repeated twice).

Also the DOOM software renderer couldn't make the top and bottom of a skybox, which it probably would need (assuming the normal vertical FOV) when looking at 45 degrees.

I only plan on adding a few more items to it and then for me my Doom collection will be complete.

I think any fans of Doom would love to have the original 1993 mail-order version and obviously I would like to have that but it's not really something I'm actively looking for right now. I am going to be looking for the Korean release of Doom 3 soon, the PC big box version as I do love those boxes, and there's a couple of more things and then for me my collection will be complete and I probably wont be looking to acquire any more stuff.

DoomStuff.jpg