Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

4 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

yv1IBo8.png

This particular image is like it was taken out of the fourth map I´m creating for Sigma-X. We went for the same idea there! :P

@Guardsoul

Yeah, I actually saw your screenshots and noticed that too. It's an interesting coincidence :P

I plan to make quite a few more maps with these textures though.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, N1ck said:

image.png.bd0a822b47e05ac7798305e23cfc049f.png

Oh.
For a second there I though this was 2020's Doom pictures thread, not the Cursed Doom images one
(jk)

31 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Mapping is hard. Especially organic stuffs

Corrupted techbases, a personal soft spot of mine. For future reference you could try using ALT+PrintScreen to take a screenshot so Windows popups won't ruin pictures you try to post here. That does require an extra step of opening the image in Paint and pasting the image from your clipboard but it always has worked for me.

10 hours ago, Denim Destroyer said:

Corrupted techbases, a personal soft spot of mine. For future reference you could try using ALT+PrintScreen to take a screenshot so Windows popups won't ruin pictures you try to post here. That does require an extra step of opening the image in Paint and pasting the image from your clipboard but it always has worked for me.

Oh shit, I didn’t even notice that screenshot in the final post. I didn’t want it in there because of the pop up lol. I feel like a total amateur now lol. Thanks for pointing it out to me though!

I'm actually using an assortment of resources - both Heretic and Hexen's full set of textures, the Baker's Legacy pack, a few from Shadowcaster, plus some brand new ones either edited by myself or the community.

Some pictures of a new part of my "way to big" map. XD
I look fore some more trees and flowers and stuff, maybe someone has a idea?
The trees are from Realm667 and credits go to Yuyu3!

EVgdad_XQAMOfPk?format=jpg&name=large

EVgdaeHWAAAz4Mz?format=jpg&name=large

EVgdaeJXkAIFNKC?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, BloodnBrain said:

EVgdaeHWAAAz4Mz?format=jpg&name=large

These trees are from Strife. Yuyu made some larger variants and other edits, some by combining them with Hexen trees.

GlMYypl.png

One of the first areas you see in Strife after escaping from the guards. It's in MAP02 because Strife is weird and starts in MAP02.

11 hours ago, BloodnBrain said:

Some pictures of a new part of my "way to big" map. XD
I look fore some more trees and flowers and stuff, maybe someone has a idea?

I've made a compilation of that kind

Credits are unfinished.

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Heretic goodness pictures

I figure those have to be from a second hub? But there's also rain which is in 3rd hub. Either way i'm excited for this for some time already, if you need testing and balance suggestions, i'd be happy to help.

14 hours ago, joe-ilya said:

^ That is amazing, I'm continuing to be impressed with your Hexen maps that you somehow make with a very limited texture pack.

Out of curiosity: where is your foliage ceiling coming from?

41 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

sexy screenies

I don't know how they looked like before but I dig everything you showed there. Maybe a neat status bar is also in the process? :x

6 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I don't know how they looked like before but I dig everything you showed there. Maybe a neat status bar is also in the process? :x

I'm definitely going to need one >.<

@Deadwing

Can't say scenes look better or worse. Map03 shots definetely have some interesting new detail in the non-gameplay area in the 7th shot, pillars might be overdetailed though - just two textures would be fine (?), 9th shot's scene had definetely become more interesting with that rock detail. Upper/lower texture meshing in 5th shot is something that isn't done very often. I see there are roofs in most shots now, sure they make one more texture, but i feel the way to avoid monotexturing might be horizontal: architecture accomodating texture variation, making various parts of a building distinctive, inlets or something like this.

I can't claim i'm experienced in this to give proper (or any) advice though 😛.

1 hour ago, Mordeth said:

Out of curiosity: where is your foliage ceiling coming from?

Lost Civilization.

52 minutes ago, JDR said:

@Deadwing

Can't say scenes look better or worse. Map03 shots definetely have some interesting new detail in the non-gameplay area in the 7th shot, pillars might be overdetailed though - just two textures would be fine (?), 9th shot's scene had definetely become more interesting with that rock detail. Upper/lower texture meshing in 5th shot is something that isn't done very often. I see there are roofs in most shots now, sure they make one more texture, but i feel the way to avoid monotexturing might be horizontal: architecture accomodating texture variation, making various parts of a building distinctive, inlets or something like this.

I can't claim i'm experienced in this to give proper (or any) advice though 😛.

Thanks a lot, JDR! I'll try to focus on different strategies to make the building more interesting. If I use roof on everything I guess the layouts will indeed get more monotonous.

I'll try to make a before vs after comparison later.

I'm working behind the scenes with a silly idea I had that involved models and I was curious to see what OpenGL, Vulkan and Softpoly does to models. I decided to test each of them in a previous TMoD Project: 3D adventures since that used 3D models.

Here's a screenshot of TMoD 3D Adventures in SoftPoly using GZDooM version g4.4pre-39 

Screenshot_Doom_20200414_132414.png.38dca4708ef9ca521baa596fd9bc41de.png

Needless to say I fucked something up royally. XD