Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

6 hours ago, Urthar said:

Must have been fun to make those slopes? Manually or using slope-mode?

7 hours ago, Urthar said:

sbpMPIO.png

Will there more sexy sector lighting and transfer brightness shenanigans, or are you going to employ dynamic lights? Or maybe a Lovecraftian mix of both?

1 hour ago, Jaska said:

Must have been fun to make those slopes? Manually or using slope-mode?

I've been using 181 PlaneAlign and 118 PlaneCopy for precision in most maps, but in this one I ran into problems with stacking 3DFloors beneath sloped ceilings. The engine would run them fine, but GZDoom Builder would hang for several minutes when you entered 3D visual mode. Since this is mostly 45 degree slopes I switched to using the Sector Slopes/Portals tab which works out to be fairly quick so long as you set the slopes up early and subdivide the sectors later.

19 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Will there more sexy sector lighting shenanigans, or are you going to employ dynamic lights? Or maybe a Lovecraftian mix of both?

ZDoom 2.8.1 is the base format, so while the decorations have some dynamic lighting attached to them for GZDoom, the lighting is sector based with additional 50 TransferBrightness stuff, and generally a bit simplier than DotB since I'm a bit paranoid about having tons of sectors in UDMF format.

Designed some weapon alcoves, and...
SGtSG.png.cd80c10ebaaeb3d76f631383696b7c7d.png
cue MAP07 music playing;
I know I'm not funny.

6 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

So, I just finished playing Skillsaw's Valiant for the first time. What an absolute banger of a slam dunk, home run, ace in the hole megawad.

After that, it will be Ancient Aliens (which I’m only now realizing is the same author as Valiant, so I’m extra excited).

I know, right? Ancient Aliens is even better, imo.

10 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

To be honest, I was always a little put off by the look of AA. Something about the textures/colors just didn't excite me, and I think I got the wrong impression of it. Now that I've actually experienced some Skillsaw gameplay though, I can only imagine just how fun AA must be. I'm definitely looking forward to it now.

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

To be honest, I was always a little put off by the look of AA. Something about the textures/colors just didn't excite me, and I think I got the wrong impression of it. Now that I've actually experienced some Skillsaw gameplay though, I can only imagine just how fun AA must be. I'm definitely looking forward to it now.

Yea, you should definitely play through AA, it was the first PWAD I ever played through after finishing the main games.  Going from Plutonia difficulty to Skillsaw difficulty was quite a leap for me at the time, but I'm glad it was my first custom map experience, it's definitely stuck with me.

4 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Introducing the beginnings of MAP14 of Depths 2. Name as of yet undecided.

704ee06605a24c39490b308f46994794.png

This map is called "The Organ" clearly... (I hope the walls are all fleshy)

3 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

Probably the best megawad I've ever played. I'm still hoping the genius has got another secret project in the works, and he will release it out of nowhere, just like he did with everything else.

revamped a room i thought was a little too bland:

VGkrXpd.png

will probably cut down on the comp textures fyi

14 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Screenshot_Doom_20200116_234013.png

Thats clean. Already gave me ideas for shadows so thank you

15 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Trying some 3D lighting for vanilla

Screenshot_Doom_20200116_234013.png

Interesting. I'm guessing that you made a one-pixel-wide sector adjacent to that wall and then applied darkness to the gap between said sector and the other platform, but maybe not? Because the ceiling is bright there, shadowcasting perhaps? What kind of sorcery is that????

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Interesting. I'm guessing that you made a one-pixel-wide sector adjacent to that wall and then applied darkness to the gap between said sector and the other platform, but maybe not? Because the ceiling is bright there, shadowcasting perhaps? What kind of sorcery is that????

It is what you said, only that the dark sector is taller than its surroundings and has no above textures, no freelook allowed ;)

image.png.d1d2042ff3d6d1f75b4fdb2447697fae.pngmaking my 2nd ever doom map. it's in the same vain as the last one i posted in april with a facility being taken over by demons, but instead of an office facility, it's a Storage area. i'm proud of this one honestly.   

image.png

image.png

11 hours ago, guitardz said:

doom00.png

Your screens make me want to create maps with OTEX. ;) (Not before finishing my actual w.i.p maps...)

I like the minimalist side of your screens, it's a bit different from the super detailed maps using the same texture pack.

I don't think this texture pack launches under chocolate-doom. It would be a shame because I'd like to make vanilla-compatible maps.