Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

25 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

A little thing i made in these days, is it too gray? lol

Try using a different color on either the walls or floor.  I think the gray concrete wall would go well with a brown rock floor texture.  Or vice-versa, keep the gray floor and use a brown wall :)

That's Kinsie's deathmatch simulator mod, isn't it?

Made my own attention cargo sign and put the attention poison sign on some walls i made a little more green!
The walls i use are from Nightmare / 5th Episode Texture Pack.

If you see the Maria was here a secret is near! :)
Maria is from my horror card game Totenstadt and drawn by Kaydee Artistry!
Not sure if i can get it in a better quality ingame but i try.

EPJ1Z7YX4AAfysJ?format=jpg&name=large

EPJ1Z8DWoAoiLpv?format=jpg&name=large

EPJ1Z7gW4AEaJVd?format=jpg&name=large

Update time! Here's map04 and 05 from my megawad I posted about earlier in this thread!

Map04
Screenshot_Doom_20200126_121613.png.2179f2ecdc0280e11ee51189ba77e229.png

Map05

Screenshot_Doom_20200126_121445.png.4a1ff98c79ed90f516459131a2314f89.png

3 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Which port are you using? I see that the wad is limit removing but those pixels look too chunky even for Crispy Doom.

That'd be Doom Retro, but in low detail mode.

Opened this level in doombuilder again, realized something amusing about it: it's made up majorly of parts with weird contexts. Dunno how interesting this is to others but what the hell, right?

gWSMaJ5.png

The blue area is a part that used to be attached to the previous level, but didn't quite fit, so I ripped it off and made this one start there instead.

The yellow area is all secret (multiple secrets inside one another to be precise), started off as just a side path that I added on a whim that completely doesn't fit the theme of the level, but all things considered it still works. It seemed cool to just make it all a big secret area though.

The red area is probably the weirdest because it was completely unrelated to the level, I literally just had Doombuilder open on this level when I was telling a friend over DMs about a place I had dreamt about, so I sketched it out in Doombuilder and sent him a screenshot instead of trying to rely on words. Decided right then and there that I'll find a way to incorporate it into the level. Just like the secret area, it doesn't fit the theme at all on the surface, but it still works for story reasons.

actual in-game screenshot (played with the pain palette)

500753653_MAP01(10).png.5eecfbc1a014172031a99114fe8e6aeb.png

1837574570_MAP01(2).png.e6f7e831b00a29d65247be5cd7e4e68f.png

screens via doomretro