Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A2Rob

Running Late 2 - 16 BOOM compatible maps (NOW ON IDGAMES)

Oh sick. Loved the first Running Late. Scotty teased this to me last night. Look forward to playing it :D.

Oh my, oooh screenshots look damn nice. Is that the Resurgence palette, by any chance?

I gotta add that I love that use of stock tex on the ceiling in picture 5, since in the editor I tend to reject stock flats at first sight when I haven't applied any shadows yet, so that's just confirms again the problem is me and not stock textures :x

8 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Is that the Resurgence palette, by any chance?

I'm not sure? It's the same palette used in 50 Monsters.

Ahh, very nice! I gave this try in GZdoom 4.2.4 and I encountered some problems along the way:

MAP04: six monsters (things 36, 38 etc.) from sector 896 never teleported into the playable areas. Also, I couldn't find any way to reach the blue armor, well maybe except archvile jump.

MAP12: isn't sector 3287 supposed to be secret?

Personally, I'd like it better without the custom monsters, but oh well. And... I don't understand the deal with the secret maps - the mod already requires advanced ports, so there should be no problem to script the secret exit to work properly?

Edited by Caleb13

There were some level breaking issues with Map05 and Map10 that needed fixing (thanks Zzul). Download link up to date.

played this wad this morning live on twitch, and A2rob, I have got to say, you did an amazing job. Much better than the first running late. Lot's of detail in the latter maps that were absolutely gorgeous, especially maps 11-13, and I tend not to like city maps, but I was comfy with those maps. Those maps were my kind of slaughter. I'll be sure to nod this one to the mentionation thread for 2020. Many more wads for me to check out this year, but this one is on my "Must play" wads suggestion list.

@A2Rob Keep em coming.

Agree with Tango. Tested about 4 levels randomly. Was real fun! I will definitely play this later again (most likely in coop).

hi A2Rob,

congratulations on your mapset! i had a lot of fun playing it :)

coolest map for me was map05.

the rooftop visuals and the open air feeling was good! various ways to approach it. great connectivity!

i played it through and searched for secrets, then i decided to max it.

demo here --->  http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypf7g0gsndcm29d/rl205-2330.lmp/file

its not very well routed or anything, its just my run after knowing the map. took me 23:30min.

im not a fan of city maps but i still liked yours. the one with over 1k monsters kept me entertained. and the last fight was actual slaughter what was a very nice ending :)

Just played this with Brutal Doom and it was, like, surprisingly good. Looks nice, delivered its fair share of ass kickings and the general style of gameplay very much suits my tastes. Had a blast and will definitely be replaying this, thanks for putting in the work!

Reminded me a bit of Going Down (minus the claustrophobia) with its combination of hard gameplay and funny/silly story.

A few rough edges here and there, the difficulty curve can be a bit uneven in spots. Some fights surprised me with how hard they were, the next one would surprise me with how easy it was. Still, never really got in the way of the good time i was having. Cheers!

Played trough the 4/5 of map01. Like it so far the difficulty is reasonable in this one for newcomers like me. Had to quit before reaching the exit and I didn't saved, like usual.

Currently on map03. I like how this is going.

map02 is my current favorite. Maybe because I can use the berserk all the time, or the japanese style.

Hello. I've gone through all the levels and fixed all potential softlocks in coop (there's still the possibility I've forgotten something, so I won't act surprised if something else breaks). Thanks to Jimmy and Dragonfly for streaming this wad in coop, it helped out a lot with fixing these issues. Thank you Mr. Meanor for pointing out my terrible grammar, I was very embarrassed seeing those story typos. Also thanks to everyone else who's played the wad so far!

A few things I wanted to point out...

• People seem confused with Map09's theme. The idea is that the UAC is using these ancient temples as a means of storing crates and supplies. That's it.
  • Map31 was originally a multiplayer map I designed over a year ago. I decided to re purpose the map into a single player level for this wad. 

Assuming no other game breaking issues arise, I can start working towards getting this thing up on idgames. 

Hello there,

sorry for running late with this post but the great wad and attention to coop convinced us to play the wad (or at least the first half for now, we'll see) for Thursday Night Survival today.

The session starts 4.5 hours from making this post, at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST and you can expect it to be fairly active for at least a few hours.

We welcome everyone to join is for the fun and the coop testing before the final release!

Had fun playing this last night on TNS.

Noticed a number of midtextures bleeding into the floor in some levels in software mode. Changing the brightness level of a sector on one side by one unit should fix this.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Noticed a number of midtextures bleeding into the floor in some levels in software mode. Changing the brightness level of a sector on one side by one unit should fix this.

Do you remember which levels specifically?

Indeed the session was fun.

Line 1093 in MAP02 is the one instance of texture bleeding I noticed:

map02.png

Also 2 possible issues we encountered in MAP08:
- Line 2949 is missing the impassable flag so it's possible to go through it and get stuck in the area with the red skull.
- Sectors 489, 493 and several other sectors neighboring them use the water texture but are actually damaging. This might be intended but with fair bit of the map also filled with (non-damaging) water it does feel buggy and out of place.

52 minutes ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

- Sectors 489, 493 and several other sectors neighboring them use the water texture but are actually damaging. This might be intended but with fair bit of the map also filled with (non-damaging) water it does feel buggy and out of place.

Yeah, the water is supposed to be electrified in that section. I’ll probably end up switching the texture to something more obvious, since most people I watched ended up just being confused as to why the water was damaging them. It’s the only instance of water damaging in the entire wad, which I agree is definitely out of place.

If you are looking for a more obvious texture for electrified flats there's a "voltage" texture in Alpha Accident (an ep1 replacement by Wraith). You might have to consult it with him first.

Final version is now up on idgames.

Big thanks to the folks over in the multiplayer forum for hosting this wad in coop, which helped me iron out some more coop/visual issues.

Also, I'd like to again thank everyone for providing playthroughs and feedback over the past couple months! Very appreciated. 

A fantastic mapset!

Finished it last week and had a blast through and through.

The new enemies are a fun addition and while maps were tough, nothing felt unfair. Can't wait to see more stuff from you!

I guess I should play the first Running Late as well. :P

Gave your wad a shoutout on my Twitter.

I just saw this and I'm playing through it now. Map 10 is one of the best maps I've ever played, just an absolute delight from start to finish. It even has an effective Spider Mastermind (though I hadn't found the BFG by the time I fought it)!! The music and texture theming also did a lot of work in tying everything together - it's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect in a Skillsaw project as a standout map.

Good job! I'm hoping the following maps keep this up, I'll be super impressed if that's the case.

Replaying now, and this is indeed super good! Fun combat and awesome level design! Plutonia 2 hud is a bit of a weird choice though ;)