Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Knightmare:4800 Hell Knights (RC1 available)

Very happy to finally get this to a release state!  The Christmas break seemed like a good opportunity to finish off everything and get an RC1 out to you lovely folks.  Three cheers to @Misty for having the gumption to take the reins and push this over the top.

6 minutes ago, Voltcom said:

For the record, I love the titlepic for this project.

@DMPhobos's talents at work there!  And yeah, we all loved it too.

This rc1 release wouldn't be possible without team effort, I'm not sure if I would able to do this alone. Only thing I regret that I didn't stepped up sooner, but even today is a good day for release. 

3 hours ago, Misty said:

“Why people make megawads?  Why?  WHY?

They are always the same format! Doom community keeps spamming reskinned Hell 
Revealed and it gets Cacoward anyway. The only thing that changes is the hud 
and how big the square room with megasphere and a few dozen Hell Knights.”

Only want to know if the dude posting the original thread is still alive or gets banned forever.

12 minutes ago, lirui1001 said:

Only want to know if the dude posting the original thread is still alive or gets banned forever.

No one knows... He's immortalised now in this community project. 

Useless fact for you all: 3745 hell knights placed and spawned (the ones necessary to progress, not coming from boss spawns like IoS and a special minigame in a map for example) are counted in all maps. I have no life counting them all. Period.

:D

This is a very pleasant surprise, can’t wait to play through it all

54 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Useless fact for you all: 3745 hell knights placed and spawned (the ones necessary to progress, not coming from boss spawns like IoS and a special minigame in a map for example) are counted in all maps. I have no life counting them all. Period.

FALSE ADVERTISING!

3 hours ago, guitardz said:

FALSE ADVERTISING!

*points at the disclaimer*

Anyway, this took forever to get a proper release, so im glad RC1 is up :P

A couple days ago I thought to reanimate this project since it was absolutely dead. But I'm glad you did this.

Thank you @Misty for taking the reins of this project and leading it over the finish line!

5 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Thank you leo! I'd been wondering this for awhile, but never got around to counting them myself.

6 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

If anyone happens to know or remember the name of the person who made the original post, the team would love to properly recognize this person whose legendary rant led to the creation of this project, even if the person has long been banned. @Mordeth @Linguica @fraggle @esselfortium @Ichor Do anyone of you happen to remember?

@MegaBlast Would you like to stream this mapset again, now that it's been finished and organized and polished and works properly?

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

*points at the disclaimer*

Anyway, this took forever to get a proper release, so im glad RC1 is up :P

Tis but a jest, good sir.

My map's spotlights are still broken despite me bringing attention to it and posting a fixed version in the previous thread - in 2018, no less. It does look like you have the up-to-date map (the radar is present), but you never updated the DECORATE to what was supplied; please do so, because the small spotlights are still trying to inherit from "Spotlight", which was a free name when I made the map but broke when GZDoom added an actual Spotlight class during the lengthy duration this mapset took to compile.

6 hours ago, Pegleg said:

If anyone happens to know or remember the name of the person who made the original post, the team would love to properly recognize this person whose legendary rant led to the creation of this project, even if the person has long been banned. @Mordeth @Linguica @fraggle @esselfortium @Ichor Do anyone of you happen to remember?

AgitatedSkeleton

6 hours ago, Shadow Hog said:

My map's spotlights are still broken despite me bringing attention to it and posting a fixed version in the previous thread - in 2018, no less. It does look like you have the up-to-date map (the radar is present), but you never updated the DECORATE to what was supplied; please do so, because the small spotlights are still trying to inherit from "Spotlight", which was a free name when I made the map but broke when GZDoom added an actual Spotlight class during the lengthy duration this mapset took to compile.

Thanks for letting us know, it will be fixed soon. 

Things got noted and fixed. Link is the same as old one. If there any more things to note and fix, please let us know.  

Just confirming that my map does appear to be fixed now, so thanks for that.

(...though you should probably tick the version number up by .1 or so if you're doing any bugfixes at all...)

When you suck at slaughter maps and just say fuck it, use IDKFA on the whole megaWAD 

Edited by OneDoomedSpaceMarine

36 minutes ago, OneDoomedSpaceMarine said:

When you suck at Doom and just say fuck it, use IDKFA on the whole megaWAD 

Hmm, if you suck at Doom, IDKFA can't help you. You need the IDDQD cheat. And possibly "MDK" cheat bind with "Anubis" cheat enabled also.

3 minutes ago, Deⓧiaz said:

Hmm, if you suck at Doom, IDKFA can't help you. You need the IDDQD cheat. And possibly "MDK" cheat bind with "Anubis" cheat enabled also.

Or simply type TNTEM/ kill monsters when shit got out of control.

3 hours ago, OneDoomedSpaceMarine said:

When you suck at slaughter maps and just say fuck it, use IDKFA on the whole megaWAD 

I tested all the maps btw. And I didn't used any cheats at all, even with the map that has more than 2000 monsters...(and I cheesed that map to finish it a bit more than a minute thanks to jumping lol)

So yea, the mapset is not THAT hard.

Except that *mumble* baron plane *mumble* map...*mumble*