Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

Doomworld Mega Project 2020 (Y2K edition)

*peeks through door, wanders in*
Um... hello! Just dropping a finished map that I had worked on and off all year here. This is my first Doomworld Mega Project submission c: Some rocketjumping is required on -skill 4 and it contains a thousand foes!

Spoiler

7RYD7yp.png

There are no custom textures, though there is a DECORATE and MAPINFO; I also added the regular dog sounds in the WAD so they don't wreck your ears in GZDoom. Music is Zorasoft's remix of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG, except I edited the MIDI so that it would loop better.

Have fun, and if there's anything worth hollering at me about, feel free to do so!

UPDATE: Some monsters were supposed to spawn in the BFG fight but didn't because of a script you activate earlier. That's that I get for not playing this map all the way through once! Sorry about that :/
Download (fixed fixed fixed)

Edited by Xyzzy01

Is this still going on? Been itching to get back into mapping and this seems like a good stepping off point.

Alright, already have a good idea on what I want to do concerning the jumping mechanic and the setting, doing a quick outline now, looking forward to the end product :)

ok late question but its 95% or so done, does it have to be fully compatible with zdoom 2.8.1 or just be playable with it? because it has a ton of hall of mirrors effects in software renderer

Edited by eltiolavara9

1 hour ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Well the project is designed for zdoom 2.8.1, so...

alright thanks! i found an easy fix for the thing i was having

so this is my first time submitting to any of these ever

here's a very extremely touched up old map i had, focused on ambushes (i guess?)

massive thanks to mattfright for helping a ton with testing and balancing

it's fully compatible with zdoom 2.8.1, jumping is necessary in some areas and crouching is recommended, it uses zdoom stuff to create some surreal visuals, and there's some easter eggs (you have to rocketjump upwards if you want 100% items on a certain area idk if thats worth mentioning)

MAP NAME: wacky library

MUSIC: Pico song by madbrain

https://imgur.com/a/jS167gg

ZDWMP2020.rar

Alright, I've done it! It's not the entirety of what I planned, but then again, the entirety of what I planned would only really be "one map" by technicality. The completed part is self-contained enough.

Name: Revolthater

Credits: Most graphics from TV's Revolution!, edited by me. Also featuring Freighthoppers by Jimmy (TVR Midi project), plasma shotgun from Realm 667 (edited by me) and a breaking glass texture based on Hacx sprites.

revolthater2020.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20201228_212638.png.57b40ea3a1c7aa05cded03bd1eef345a.png

Name: Malevolent Exhibition (Screenshot)

Here's a heavily scripted map that is rather long and will take at least half an hour to complete. To be honest, this map might have been more fun to make than it is to actually play, but oh well. Anyway, jumping is obviously required, but freelook and crouching are not required at all, although those actions are not disabled.

Difficulty settings are implemented. UV is probably unfair without foreknowledge, though, so HMP might be the best choice for a first playthrough.

There's a lot of resources included in this wad. All non-stock textures come from cc4-tex, and all DECORATE actors come from Realm667, although many of them are modified in some way. A lot of music was taken from the Doom iwad. See the CREDITS text lump inside the wad for more details.

Download: dmp2020_jjp.zip

Congratulations to all submitters, you've managed to surpass the map total from last year's project of 1! You should feel proud of yourselves and know that the Doomworld Mega Project thanks you for your service. I'll compile the submissions and post the final version in the next few days.

As for DMP2021, it'll be a return back to its roots, or at least what everyone else seems to think its roots are. Any map format, any resources, etc., with the only rule being something like "your map must feature a cave/mountain/rock section of any size", but I haven't decided yet. 

2 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

Congratulations to all submitters, you've managed to surpass the map total from last year's project of 1! You should feel proud of yourselves and know that the Doomworld Mega Project thanks you for your service. I'll compile the submissions and post the final version in the next few days.

Will you have a map in the set? Or will it only have the 5 that were submitted in the thread?

I can't believe I forgot to add the square gray room with two lamps to my level. It was ugly anyway, but still sad to see the pointless tradition die.

DMP2020v1.pk3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKwFQwxLyCamyZxWLerFvTkwQwGmqZri/view?usp=sharing

Here's v1, let me know if there are any problems. @Pegleg no map from me this year. @MidnightMage I think all previous DMPs had at least 32 maps (excluding last year's which wasn't open for submissions). But that's ok and we'll do it all over again this year.

Edited by TimeOfDeath666

Thanks for compiling, TimeOfDeath! It was a pleasure mapping for this :D I did find a couple unintended things I guess; MAP02 exits into itself instead of MAP03, and MAP03 I believe is supposed to have its music change back to normal after getting the soulsphere secret, but instead it changes to D_RUNNIN.

Oh, and also I never mentioned the name of my map but it isn't XYZZY2K; it's shown correctly in-game as "Shoe Shuffle: Fine Leapin'!" but I guess it doesn't really matter that the OP shows the former name.

Thu Jan 28 16:49:14 EST 2021 Rejected DMP2020.txt because: use the textfile generator and also place it in the zip

Thu Jan 28 16:49:14 EST 2021 Rejected DMP2020.zip because: use the textfile generator and also place it in the zip