Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

TEAM ROCKET 2 - Looks like we're blasting off again! (BETA 1 RELEASED!)

Josh and I are live NOW with the official TEAM ROCKET 2 RELEASE PARTY, playing the compiled set co-operatively on Zandronum.

Degeneracy inbound.

Congrats on the release folks. A mod that I'd like to recommend for you folks is Supercharge by Tango. Just played the first map with it and it's fun to play it.
Video soon...

Guest maps don't have death exits, not sure if intentional but I felt like pointing it out.

I finished every map there is. Some really funny meme maps (AND map names). Some of the maps are kinda frustrating (especially AD_79's), some are a little boring (Jimmy maps), Dragonfly maps were alright, the gimmicks were alright for the most part. I must say though I found the guest maps a little lacking in comparison to the main maps. In fact most are pretty boring and a lot of them you can skip a lot of the action and this applies to the main maps too. Most of the maps' final encounters are just easily skippable. Not sure if that's what you intended, but it's there.

Also I can't stress this enough but berserk gimmick maps are NOT OK. The damn thing has too much RNG involved to make it viable. If you want to make a berserk gimmick map make its damage range a bit more tame. Honestly they are more frustrating than anything else in the mapset.

MAP30 killed my FPS in GZDoom for some reason. I was very well at 25-30 range which is very strange as it's just big but I don't know. Might want to fix that whatever the cause is?

Edited by IvanDobrovski : typo

I am very happy to have made my interesting contributions to another one of these streams, that was yet another incredible feat of endurance. Also congrats for getting the first beta out so quickly! Now go and rest our heroes!

Congrats on the release! Also,

MAP32: Plug Keyboard into USB Port 2 by Dragonfly

gets my vote for best map name

5 hours ago, Baratus said:

I am very happy to have made my interesting contributions to another one of these streams

And we're very happy to have received them! :D

5 hours ago, Horus said:

MAP32: Plug Keyboard into USB Port 2 by Dragonfly

You can thank the person who donated for that map, none other than @Dime! :)

Awesome work folks and huge congrats on all this! I can't wait to play through these maps :D

I stumbled upon their main stream purely by chance; I wasn't even aware of the project, was just looking for Doom streams that day. Was a lot of fun watching them work and hanging out in chat. 🙋🏻‍♀️ Did you ever settle on names for the other two episodes? 😏

This is in "beta 1" phase, meaning it's not finished, but the final product won't be very different. Due to the nature of the project the only changes we're likely to make are either notable bugfixes should anyone find any, and possibly implementing difficulties.

I saw my window textures here. You can replace them with newer ones (which are laid out there in the custom texures topic at the zdoomforum), if you want.

Hi SLON! They're yours yeah. I believe I tweaked them just a tiny bit for my own purposes, then later they wound up in the texture set we ended up using for TR2. I will replace them immediately with the newer ones and ensure that you get a credit.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Very sorry we missed you out to begin with.