Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Is a Big Mac with bacon still a Big Mac?

Is a Big Mac with bacon still a Big Mac?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is a Big Mac with bacon still a Big Mac?

• #StillaBigMac
    • #NotaBigMac

This is a huge debate that's happening on Twitter right now. I strongly believe that a Big Mac isn't a Big Mac if it has bacon on it. The Big Mac's recipe is definitive and inflexible. McDonald's even wrote a song about it; Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. That's not something you can fuck with. The Big Mac is also famous for The Big Mac index, which is used as a measuring device for market exchange rates between countries.

I've said this before here, but I've never in my entire life taken a bite out of a Big Mac, nor have I eaten a McDonald's burger in its entirety. I think their beef tastes rancid and smells like burning garbage, and I dislike thousand island dressing anyway. I have no idea how people can stomach McDonald's burgers. They're vomitous. 

Edited by Ajora

One time I ordered a Big Mac with bacon and the attendant flipped out at me. She yelled: “Big Macs don’t have bacon what you are asking for is called a Hungry Ronald.” I had been having a bad day so I kind of lost my cool and demanded my 33 cents back from the charity donation box which at the time I believed was a tip jar. The manager came over and said he was unable to open the box as the boxes were emptied weekly into a brinks security truck by an armed transporter and he also told me his attendant was right to correct me. I stormed off and someone threw a medium fries at my head. I still think it’s bullshit to this day

1 hour ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I stormed off and someone threw a medium fries at my head. I still think it’s bullshit to this day

This just kept escalating. 

Out of interest, how did you know it was a medium fries?

I don't think a Big Mac is even big anymore, they came up with a grand version but I think it's the size that the original used to be.

Edited by Avoozl

They already messed up the Big Mac IMHO. Maybe my memory is flawed but when I was a kid I'm sure the Big Mac had less lettuce and more sauce. Also what @Avoozl said, the Big Mac changed in size. Anyhow, I haven't had one in a couple years.

As much as I love bacon, it was never a part of what made a Big Mac, a Big Mac. So I voted no.

I don't eat a food from McDonald's. 

Prefer eat only food that made at home or KFC. 

BUT I THINK that Big Mac with bacon is not a Big Mac. I hate bacon. 

I just think it's sad to see Andi Peters selling out for McDonald's.

By the way, you can see that the original tweet was paid advertising for McDonald's - this is a manufactured "controversy" to get people talking about their products. When you post a thread like this you're giving them exactly what they want - free advertising.

30 minutes ago, fraggle said:

free advertising.

What are you talking about fraggle? FastCo™ Brand Burgers are amazing and I'm saying this of My Own Free McWill™. FastCo Burgers are maximum value for both Taste and Deliciousness™. They also have a great monetary value in terms of the exchange of goods and services for FastCo Brand Burgers™. I am in no way chained to my desk with a daily requirement of Brand Name Posts on the Internet™ before I am allowed to leave. I can see my shift is almost up here at the dark empty warehouse well-lit, Fun and Exciting Workplace™ so I just wanted to say in conclusion that BrandCo fast Bugers are both Amazing™ and also Super Great™. My counter just clicked over so that should be Well Passable™ it's always good to get a head start on tomorrow am I right.

Having worked at mcdonalds before I've seen plenty of big macs add bacon. Obvious bait as fraggle said.

Otoh call me when they finally make a recipe for a mcchicken mcgriddle in their pos system that doesnt involve charging the customer for meat they didnt order.

Nah , The Big-Mac is a classic and it shouldn't be messed with.

On a side note , is Andi Peters drinking from the same fountain of youth as Will Smith? Dude still looks the same as when I used to watch him as a kid in the early 90's.

no, a Big Mac with bacon is a whole new sandwich, we shall call it Merimac (Merica-Mac) 

speaking of Twitter:

:222651486_guessIlldie.png.0b87ec884a5934f441ceb65a3f417836.png

3 hours ago, fraggle said:

I just think it's sad to see Andi Peters selling out for McDonald's.

By the way, you can see that the original tweet was paid advertising for McDonald's - this is a manufactured "controversy" to get people talking about their products. When you post a thread like this you're giving them exactly what they want - free advertising.

Nowhere near as bad as Grant Imahara's "independent investigation" into how McDonald's beef is produced. I always really liked him, but those videos he was paid to do were absolutely shameless and embarrassing. 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:26 PM, Ajora said:

a Big Mac isn't a Big Mac if it has bacon on it.

What is it then? Da fockin' lasagna?

If speak seriously that's kinda weird topic for debates really. Burger is a burger and that being said, why do things complex?

1 hour ago, BBQgiraffe said:

no, a Big Mac with bacon is a whole new sandwich, we shall call it Merimac (Merica-Mac) 

This thing exist outside of US too, you know?

1 hour ago, BBQgiraffe said:

speaking of Twitter:

oh yesss :3 NOW WE TALKIN' MAH LANGUAGE!

Edited by Wereknight

11 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I don't think a Big Mac is even big anymore, they came up with a grand version but I think it's the size that the original used to be.

Grand Mac was limited time only by me, and it was glorious. It was 1/3 pound total beef, whereas I believe Big Mac is 1/5 total. I don't know if that's changed, but it would make sense that Big Mac was always less than 1/4 pound, or else the Quarter Pounder (or at least its naming) would seem kinda pointless. But then again, marketing is not always logical, as neither are consumers' spending habits.

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

Nowhere near as bad as Grant Imahara's "independent investigation" into how McDonald's beef is produced. I always really liked him, but those videos he was paid to do were absolutely shameless and embarrassing. 

Yeah I actually posted a picture of him in this thread. It got deleted somehow though. That guy lost all his cred when he did those.

grant-imahara-mcdonalds.jpg

Look at his eyes. That expression. In his head he must be like "fuck it, I'm really doing this, selling my soul".

Edited by Yourfacedotcom

Just makes me think 'big macon'

the big mac hasnt been thier big burger here in NZ at least for a long time anyway. Its just an old classic

It's still a big mac. If you start changing the existing ingredients then sure it's something else but everything in this scenario is the exact same but with bacon added, hence big mac with bacon.

6 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Grand Mac was limited time only by me, and it was glorious. It was 1/3 pound total beef, whereas I believe Big Mac is 1/5 total. I don't know if that's changed, but it would make sense that Big Mac was always less than 1/4 pound, or else the Quarter Pounder (or at least its naming) would seem kinda pointless. But then again, marketing is not always logical, as neither are consumers' spending habits.

Assuming no differences between mcdonalds in my area to yours, a big mac uses the same meat patties that go on a quarter pounder, which would make it 1/2 a pound total of beef.

I honestly don't "get" this thread...

Are spaghetti still spaghetti if you add tomato sauce?

Is a turd still a turd if you put bacon on it?

And those are questions which result in debates, on twitter of all things?

Also, if you find McD's repulsive, why help them advertise their crap by increasing the reach of their makeshift PR-gag?

I don't know what confuses me more, this thread, or mukbang videos on youTube.

If I were to take two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun and put them all together I would not have a Big Mac because I am not McDonald's. I've probably flame-grilled a burger at some point that was served on a sesame seed bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and ketchup (I usually prefer mustard on burgers). That doesn't mean it was a Whopper. 

If this was the biggest problem the world had to face starting in 2020, then Planet Earth would be a much better place.

Sadly, we don't live there.

The fact this is a thing really highlights how schizo Social Media is. ''These forest fires in Australia and the US having beef with Iran? Well, here is the new Big Bacon. Should it be called a Big Mac still?''

I also would want to highlight that OP @Ajora is ''Sponsored by Wendy's''. Take that as you will.

9 hours ago, Fonze said:

Assuming no differences between mcdonalds in my area to yours, a big mac uses the same meat patties that go on a quarter pounder, which would make it 1/2 a pound total of beef.

Then there is definitely a difference. It ain't nearly that big.

I think what some of you are failing to realize is that the McDonald's Big Mac is so much more than just a fast-food menu item. It's a cultural touchstone that has always carried a prominent level of culinary relevance. 

19 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I think what some of you are failing to realize is that the McDonald's Big Mac is so much more than just a fast-food menu item. It's a cultural touchstone that has always carried a prominent level of culinary relevance. 

I think it's a puzzle to many of us following this thread why you seem to care so much about something that you describe in the opening post as "rancid" and "vomitous".

That said, following my earlier rationale (let's stop giving fast food companies free advertising) I think this thread has run its course.