Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isolation

PSX DOOM Megawad: Fall of Triton Remake - TRITON II

On 6/5/2021 at 9:38 PM, styd051 said:

Hi all

I just thought about a new project, it is to make compatible Fall Of Trion, Fall Of Trion 2 and more are extension "The Vortex Catastrophe" on the mod PSX DOOM CE created by molecicco, a version which greatly improves PSX DOOM
and which makes the game even better than the original version !

if you want more info on the PSX DOOM CE mod it's here !

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce

the project i will call PSX DOOM CE FALL OF TRITON EDITION 

958648868_DOOMPSX.png.713a279c889150207f26c78f914d4828.png

what does this version contain ?

-there will be the two Fall Of Triton megawads, Fall Of Triton 2, and are The Vortex Catastrophe expansion merge into one game, and fully compatible with PSX DOOM CE, you can choose the new episodes in the episodes selection.

-over 92 new maps for PSX DOOM fully compatible with PSX DOOM CE.

-texture bugs will be fixed on some maps compared to the original version, and daemon placement bugs will be fixed on some maps.

-Imp Nightmare will be improved compare the original version

-the music will be replaced by Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, and Final Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, to have a better quality and better atmosphere of PSX DOOM.

that will be all I can not wait to start the project, but the project will start when Molecicco has released version 2.0.0 of PSX DOOM CE and I can start!

best regards to all !

styd051

this is really awesome! you should start a new thread! to announce it properly!

7 hours ago, elden4 said:

this is really awesome! you should start a new thread! to announce it properly!

Hi elden4 I thank you

it's good I created a subject to announce my project ^^

You really need to lose the no running when hurt thing for the mass release. Just played map 1 and cant get the blue key due it. Otherwise its a really cool wad so far.  Personally I'm removing it because it adds no gameplay value.

9 minutes ago, kalensar said:

Vous avez vraiment besoin de perdre l'interdiction de courir en cas de blessure pour la sortie de masse. Je viens de jouer à la carte 1 et je ne peux pas obtenir la clé bleue à cause de cela. Sinon, c'est une bourre vraiment cool jusqu'à présent. Personnellement, je le supprime car il n'ajoute aucune valeur de gameplay.

in my version the 50% health speed penalty I would remove it

On 6/5/2021 at 11:38 PM, styd051 said:

-the music will be replaced by Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, and Final Doom Playstation: Official Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition, to have a better quality and better atmosphere of PSX DOOM.

In the remake, the music tracks are sure to match the style of the levels. The design and external design were specially adapted for them. If only the format of the tracks will be of better quality, then I am not against this addition. But they themselves must be in their places.

By the way, after some time it became necessary to fix some game errors, along the way to improve the game process. On loss of running ability at 50%, a compromise is made to 25%.

https://yadi.sk/d/5Gv_NXhZTGztRQ

11 minutes ago, BeeWen said:

Dans le remake, les morceaux de musique sont sûrs de correspondre au style des niveaux. Le design et le design extérieur ont été spécialement adaptés pour eux. Si seulement le format des pistes sera de meilleure qualité, alors je ne suis pas contre cet ajout. Mais eux-mêmes doivent être à leur place.

Hi BeeWen 

do not worry I do not intend to change the music of the levels, it will just be the same music but better thanks to Soundtrack - 20th Anniversary Extended Edition.

Terribly sorry for bumping this, but which version is the latest one? The one in the OP, Beewen's one two posts above, or the iddqd one?

Also, why are there only 32 levels when the OP clearly states there should be 40?

21 hours ago, Firedust said:

Terribly sorry for bumping this, but which version is the latest one? The one in the OP, Beewen's one two posts above, or the iddqd one?

Also, why are there only 32 levels when the OP clearly states there should be 40? 

iddqd is a permanent version, which is a constantly updated link.

40 - 32 full-time, 8 bonus. In some of the descending reservoirs in other bonus regions.

Spoiler

map02-b1-b2/ map 06-b3-b4/ map 15-b 31-b32/ map 20-b5-b6/ map 27b 7-b8/

Alright, let's get started! I'll edit this post with comments if I run into any bugs.

Map 4: There's no way to get the computer area map because the player is too big to squeeze through the narrow passage.

Bonus map 3: The SMM is stuck unable to do anything from its position. I just ssg'd its ass without any retaliation.

Map 11: sector 263, bottom teleporter closet with baron is bugged.

Map 13: SMM is stuck and won't move from its spot

Map 25: SMM in the teleporter closet is deaf

Map 29: sector 12 monster closet is broken

Edited by Firedust

I am playing in the latest version of GZDoom and running does not work.  Whether I use shift or caps lock for auto run my doomguy will not run.  And I verified that those keys are bound to run.

@jgs1989, late reply, but still. Currently playing this one with GzDoom 4.10.0 and have zero issues regarding running. It's ether something on your side, or you didn't read the description, regarding if HP goes down, in case of alternative version below 25 points, then doomguy start to moving slower.

Edited by UnknDoomer