Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lirui1001

SlaughterMAX demos [-complevel 9]

16 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Don't really want to put unless this is actual released

And it is actual released today :)

On 12/1/2021 at 2:28 AM, fisherprice said:

Such an underrated mapset with a mixed quality of wads, but most of them are fun.

MAP01 - UV Pacifist in about two minutes (the better attempt was botched and you can certainly do better than this).

smax01pacifist.lmp.zip

Hi, in order to get your demo uploaded to DSDA, please add a textfile with some basic info on the run. You can use someone else's run as a template, for example:

PWAD: smax.wad
PWAD Name: SlaughterMAX
PWAD Author: Various (optional)
Map: 01
Skill: 4
Category: Pacifist
Exe: PrBoom+ 2.6um.
Time: 2:00
Date: December 1st 2021.
Author: fisherprice

Also, may I suggest moving to the DSDA-Doom source port? It is much preferred for newer runners and has a lot more features.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:54 PM, 4shockblast said:

Hi, in order to get your demo uploaded to DSDA, please add a textfile with some basic info on the run. You can use someone else's run as a template, for example:

PWAD: smax.wad
PWAD Name: SlaughterMAX
PWAD Author: Various (optional)
Map: 01
Skill: 4
Category: Pacifist
Exe: PrBoom+ 2.6um.
Time: 2:00
Date: December 1st 2021.
Author: fisherprice

Also, may I suggest moving to the DSDA-Doom source port? It is much preferred for newer runners and has a lot more features.

I tried DSDA with Wine, it works except midi needs some configuration and is completely mute. I'll try to get it set up, but up until then it's PrBoom+.

Is DSDA optimal for demoing maps that require surfing the waves of enemies? Because some maps are completely impossible with the original infinite vertical hitboxes.

New to recording demos. But I'll take that as a custom to add that text with it, so I'll edit the post to include a new zip.

20 minutes ago, fisherprice said:

I tried DSDA with Wine, it works except midi needs some configuration and is completely mute. I'll try to get it set up, but up until then it's PrBoom+.

Is DSDA optimal for demoing maps that require surfing the waves of enemies? Because some maps are completely impossible with the original infinite vertical hitboxes.

New to recording demos. But I'll take that as a custom to add that text with it, so I'll edit the post to include a new zip.

As a general rule, you should use whatever source port a WAD is designed for for that WAD. In case of Slaughtermax, it is designed for Boom, so anything that removes infinite height isn't going to be a standard way of running the maps, and it would result in all your runs not being legitimate records.

54 minutes ago, fisherprice said:

Is there a reason you can't build DSDA from source?

1 hour ago, Maribo said:

Is there a reason you can't build DSDA from source?

Hopefully not, running always the latest rolling release so shouldn't prove to be an issue.

Welp, I'm gonna slink in here with a run of my own for map 15....a UV-Fast mind you.  Clear time of 11:10.

Honestly, this didn't take as long as I was expecting (43rd attempt totaling up to roughly 1 1/2 hours).  All of those fails were frontloaded into the first half of the map.

The second half was the first time I reached it in my recording attempts.  Spot the moments where I cheat death and win a prize!

Time could certainly go lower depending on how brave one is with the final rev cleanup.

smax15f1110.zip