Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spineapple tea

Fallout 4 sucks.

i thought it was alright when i first played it, but I do prefer new vegas and, even 3 a bit more to an extent. it's just not as replayable as the previous games mentioned and the modding scene isn't as open as i'd like it to be. here's hoping if bethesda chooses to make another singleplayer FO game (which is very likely) they'll get someone like obsidian to handle it, or some other company, because from what i've seen bethesda isnt very good at their own niche.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:13 AM, bioshockfan90 said:

i thought it was alright when i first played it, but I do prefer new vegas and, even 3 a bit more to an extent. it's just not as replayable as the previous games mentioned and the modding scene isn't as open as i'd like it to be. here's hoping if bethesda chooses to make another singleplayer FO game (which is very likely) they'll get someone like obsidian to handle it, or some other company, because from what i've seen bethesda isnt very good at their own niche.

Obsidian is now owned by Microsoft so that outcome is pretty unlikely. And Fallout 5 is at least 5 years away since Elder Scrolls 6 and a new IP are confirmed in the works.

We'll likely see some early alpha footage of Elder Scrolls 6 at E3 this year (or maybe just some CG trailer), but I wouldn't be surprised if that game is still 2 years away.

Bethesda has to up their game this time around. People are less forgiving of their terrible animations and jank ass design now. New engine or bust. No more of this light update to their over decade old engine they have been using.

11 minutes ago, Yourfacedotcom said:

No more of this light update to their over decade old engine they have been using.

It's Bethesda, so that will not happen.

It'll probably be an improved version of the Creation Engine with more make-up and little else. I'm gonna die laughing if they tie the physics to framerate once more, every (recent) game they made had this issue and they seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of fixing it every time in each game. It looks like they just can't fix it in the engine itself for some reason.

This statement only slightly pertains to the topic, but I probably should have mentioned it while I was rambling on here while smoking pot. I think it's safe to say that Deus EX is the best Western RPG I've ever played through, surpassing Ultima 4 as my previous no.1. Yes, Deus EX has first-person shooting elements in it, but in my mind, I just think of it as an RPG. It exemplifies all of the best elements associated with Western RPGs. 

No shit. Bethesda just fucking killed Fallout and raised it as a fucking abomination. God, I'm still tremorring.

i think that F:NV is as close to Van Buren as we could get. F3, F4, etc. meh, just mediocre generic RPGs -- empty, uninspiring, soulless.

Once I beat the main quest, I kinda never touched it again, for some odd reason. Just feels like it's lacking something. Like when you cook something, then taste it, at first it's alright, but then you kinda wish there was more flavor. -- Still playing all the other fallouts though!

On 1/7/2020 at 8:11 AM, seed said:

What I kept hearing about Fallout 3 was that past a certain point it becomes impossible to progress due to savegame corruption issues. I'm not aware of this ever getting fixed via mods.

I beat Fallout 3 vanilla (aka without any mods installed) about 3-4 years ago and from what i remembered you just had to make a bunch of different save files. I had a ton of them. If you constantly save over the same one it can get corrupted, so you are right in a way. Of course i only beat the main game but i did spend my time exploring and doing as many side missions as i could find.

The game did crash more than a few times (of course). I would definitely add some mods to fix it if i were to go back to replay it today, that's for sure. And yeah, i'm not sure if there are any mods that fix the saving issue so that's why i mentioned that i had to have different save files. I remember the autosave wasn't that reliable either so i had to save often.

I never did play New Vegas or Fallout 4 oddly enough. New Vegas looks fun but i just never got around to it. Fallout 4 just looked "ehh". I mean, in F4 the dialog options (for your character) don't even show you all of what they are going to say. I believe you need a mod for that! Ridiculous! If basic shit like that is "broken" then i'll need a ton of mods in order to make the game up to my standards haha!

I think "it's great with mods"/"there are some great mods for it though"/"all the shit stuff can be fixed through mods" is pretty much just saying "it would be good if it wasn't what it is", which is pretty much the opposite of saying it's good, isn't it..? 

Having said that: Fallout 4 is the only game I've ever really experimented with modding with, and while I don't really like it vanilla, I've essentially turned it into a zombie horror survival game and now it's really fucking good. 

I also loved New Vegas and thought Skyrim is extraordinarily overrated. So I'm a little all over the map when it comes to Bethesda games.

personally, I'm just not a fan of the first person perspective and real time gameplay, fallout's much better as a turn based roleplaying game.

but I really wish interplay didn't sell out and they could just continue with van buren. The wasteland games are a great alternatives, w2 did have some balancing issues in my opinion and the story isn't that great but I really appreciate the role playing elements

On 1/6/2020 at 6:52 AM, Ajora said:

...I wouldn't mind at some point playing through the first two games and New Vegas. I really love western RPGs, but I only fancy ever playing them once in awhile. 

if you're going to, I recommend playing them in chronological order. In my opinion the first one was the best and playing through it without knowing anything about the world makes it so much better. The first time I played it felt like I was living through a mad max dream or something, can't really say the same for any of the other ones.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:47 PM, Yourfacedotcom said:

Obsidian is now owned by Microsoft so that outcome is pretty unlikely. And Fallout 5 is at least 5 years away since Elder Scrolls 6 and a new IP are confirmed in the works.

We'll likely see some early alpha footage of Elder Scrolls 6 at E3 this year (or maybe just some CG trailer), but I wouldn't be surprised if that game is still 2 years away.

Bethesda has to up their game this time around. People are less forgiving of their terrible animations and jank ass design now. New engine or bust. No more of this light update to their over decade old engine they have been using.

when microsoft first announced that they owned obsidian and inxile, they did with quite a bit pation for the role playing games those companies made. maybe if they trully are interested they could end up buying back the franchise for obsidian or inxile to work for, idk, just a thought...

On 1/9/2020 at 2:45 AM, ketmar said:

i think that F:NV is as close to Van Buren as we could get.

the perspective really takes away the og fallout atmosphere tho

4 hours ago, zen4040 said:

the perspective really takes away the og fallout atmosphere tho

tbh, i didn't liked Van Buren too. i love turn-based combat on hexagonal grid, and Black Isle was going to drop it in Van Buren. that's where i stopped caring about "look-and-feel", and played F:NV for roleplay only.