Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Basically True

Most of you must have seen this awesome strip, over there, at Penny Arcade. Laughing is healthy. And remember: you love DOOM, you love id software and you don't cheat on them... ever. Good. You can go back to the nearest kindergarten now.

Penny Arcade suck and need to die in 1-repeating-frame hell. I've actually laughed more at Something Awful's mockery of it then I ever did with the real PA.

I thought penny-arcade used to be really funny, back before they were trying to be funny. As of late it's been terrible though. This strip is the first time I've laughed at it in months. And yeah, jeff k's mockery is pretty damn funny.

I thought it was funny. Especially when stuff like that has happened to me on Kazaa before (not involving Doom, mind you, but an mpeg of Kraftwerk once).

My question is: What was Julian doing earlier today, before he posted this and the previous news item? They seem awfully simular in nature...

Well, yea, I suppose it is better than the "Leaked Doom III alpha"...I found it to be pretty funny, considering I have never been on that site before.

I'm not saying that it's particularly bad or distinctly unfunny, but I think that most of the laughs in this thread are courtesy-laughs due to the fact that it's Doom-related. You know, people feeling obligated to laugh just to pledge their alliegence. Yep.

Well.. the doom one was funnier then most of 'em, but it barely made me crack a smile. The site is pretty 'meh'

sponge said:
I've actually laughed more at Something Awful...

Something Awful... now there's a new breed of lame... I think I laughed harder the time I stabbed myself in the foot with a screwdriver then all the times I've been silly enough to visit that site put together.

Give me 360 MB of lesbian mpegs anytime over 360 MB of some ridiculous game. Oops! What the hell am I saying, and where the hell am I saying it? :D

Jello said:

I thought penny-arcade used to be really funny, back before they were trying to be funny. As of late it's been terrible though. This strip is the first time I've laughed at it in months. And yeah, jeff k's mockery is pretty damn funny.

I agree, my favorite was the stock market one, i also rememebr they had a special bulletin and a christian talk radio strip recently, those were kinda funny