Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grey_Wolf

Live Through DOOM - Survival Gameplay Mod

Pretty sweet looking, is there any plan to develop a new level set based around the changes to the game mechanics?

I feel like this kind of thing would be best suited to levels built for the gameplay. That said I've kicked around the idea of making a kind of Resident Evil Doom myself.  

The reason I made the difficulty settings so customizable is exactly to adapt the mod to many different map pack styles, although it'll be never a good fit for slaughtermaps. A custom horror-themed  map pack made specifically for the mod would be a dream come true, but I'm not a mapper, and even if I started learning how to create maps, it would take me too much time from the actual mod development.

Edited by Grey_Wolf : grammar check

@Grey_WolfWhen I get some more time on my hands I think I might try to make a short level set around your mod. I find the gameplay ideas very intriguing.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, Grey_Wolf said:

but without completely stripping the "good old DOOM" of its arcade-ish nature

What aspects of Doom do you think are like an arcade game, out of curiosity?

On 1/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, Steve88 said:

@Grey_WolfWhen I get some more time on my hands I think I might try to make a short level set around your mod. I find the gameplay ideas very intriguing.

@Steve88 OH! That would be such an honour! Looking forward to it!

On 1/14/2020 at 4:15 PM, fraggle said:

What aspects of Doom do you think are like an arcade game, out of curiosity?

@fraggle Well mostly the fact that in a survival horrors you are often slow, weak and not very trained for battle. I wanted to keep Doomguy's offensive capabilites, but trying to make the player more cautious with how he decides to use them. All this while keeping the game not too much frustrating (unless you choose certain difficulty levels or play an overcrowded/unfair custom map pack). Of course it's not perfect yet, but I'm doing my best to balance things out.

By the way, a new version is out!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/litdoom-survival-gameplay/news/survivalaesthetic-update