Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prime

:: Question concerning D3's preloading setup...

This question pertains to those who have actually played the new alpha:

When preloading the Doom 3 data in the console, a runtime error pops up, cancelling the loading procedure, halting any hopes of using the alpha demo. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

You know, I finally found this damn thing and all I can watch is the "id logo" intro...

Yeah, this happens to me too. After I click on Single Player, it loads for a few seconds then crashes with an "Radiant MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." If anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it, as I want to play the damn thing.

nigandahu said:

If anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it, as I want to play the damn thing.

No problem, wait for the Real Full version of Doom III to be released.

nigandahu said:

YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GOT ME YOU DAMN JOKESTER!

I am not a Jokester, I am the harsh reality for you, you poor Alpha-using sad soul.

Damn, you're on a roll. Don't post again unless you have something productive to say. I hate people who think they need to regulate on others. The "harsh reality" is that you probably have the alpha on your HD as we speak. Go bitch to someone else, you hypocritical brainless fool.

nigandahu said:

Damn, you're on a roll. Don't post again unless you have something productive to say. I hate people who think they need to regulate on others. The "harsh reality" is that you probably have the alpha on your HD as we speak. Go bitch to someone else, you hypocritical brainless fool.

..Me again....

I am only telling the truth in which I believe is better, it is My opinion, so dont go all Hippy-Jippy on me. And No, I do not have Anything to do with the Alpha on my HardDrive...DOOM Anomaly is gunna be patient and wait for the real version to be released and Then play it, and moan about the errors that I get as a result of my cruddy puter. I dont have the alpha, and I never plan on ever having it, I have never seen anything from it, and I dont want to. So, Im just saying, I dont think that the alpha is a very wise thing to have, if you want to play it so bad, figure it out by yourself, we dont need to hear about your problems with a unoffical version of Doom III.

You should be able to load the maps seperatly fine. Loading the actual full-running demo tends to come up with errors on machines that dont have much RAM.

PlayfulPuppy said:

You should be able to load the maps seperatly fine. Loading the actual full-running demo tends to come up with errors on machines that dont have much RAM.

So, nigandahu, in other words...

Too Bad, So Sad, For You, Boo Hoo

Better luck next time...

PlayfulPuppy said:

No, Mr Antisocial... it means that he has to load the maps seperatly from the console.

I meant, for his question to be answered without any hassel, and besides, it doesnt matter..It Rhymed!!!

PlayfulPuppy said:

Hmmm...okay, well then how do I just load the maps? I found instructions online on how to run it, but apart from that I'm not sure what to do about loading individual parameters...

Oh, and DoomAnomaly, keep your stuck-up-ass comments to yourself. There's nothing wrong with being a little curious when it comes to something as highly anticipated as Doom 3...Show some respect towards your fellow doomers...

PlayfulPuppy said:

Is 512MB enough?

Wow, we actually have a normal person who is trying to help. Better then some stupid MAMAS-BOY loser who sits around trying to come up with un-profound rantings of no relevance. Did you understand that Doom Anomaly? If not, IN OTHER WORDS YOU'RE A BRAINLESS DUMBASS!!!

Like I said, dont get all mad cause of my opinion on things, and if it bothers you that much, the least you can do is ask, more than yell at me, I'm not here to flame, only to say what I feel is best, and if you dont like that, then just ignore it, thanks.

nigandahu said:

YOU'RE A BRAINLESS DUMBASS!!!

After all you've said, I'd say its more than true to say... Likewise.

PlayfulPuppy said:

Just type one of these into the console:

map e3\e3_1
map e3\e3_2
map e3\e3_3

Hope it works, good luck!

Thanks man, it worked just fine. It runs slow as hell, but hey, at least I've gotten a general idea of the gameplay...ohhh man, this game is creepy...

you cant use the single player option, it doesnt work for anybody as far as i know. Im in the process of getting th alpha as we speak

load the maps like it was stated above with the console...ANd you can load the game using single player becuase there is now a patch that you can DLoad that will allow you to play it like they did in E3 with the intro and all. GOOD luck

There's a mod floating aroudn that makes the menus work but just use the map e3/e3_1 commands in the console to load the levels.

Oops... maybe I should read all the posts next time. hehe