Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
languemar

Choose your DOOM.

If you have to play only one DOOM for the rest of your life which one it Will be? And why?

For me is DOOM 2 because of the large maps, supershotgun, new mosters and its nostalgic.

That depends- do we still have access to user made wads?

If Yes - Doom II, because it's monster variety is perfect and allows for the most combinations of encounters.

If No - Doom 64, it's atmosphere, aesthetic, and level design (for the most part) are my favorite of the series.

Doom 64.

No Doom game has maps with such thick atmosphere and groovy gothic art <3 . I'd even move there if I could. Probably on Altair of Pain to be precise, make the atmosphere even thicker, raise more intimidating mountains, a castle for myself, more chances here and there, have more demons and bats circling the sky, and call it a day.

Spoiler

Wait, fuck, I was supposed to be creatively bankrupt.

Something must've gotten the dark juices flowing lol.

If I can still load PWADs then Doom 2 is a no-brainer.

If I can only play IWAD maps, then Ultimate Doom.

I would punch whoever gave me that ultimatum in the face.

No, not really. Maybe. Heh.

If I could only play the base game, Doom 2016. I dearly love Classic Doom, but Doom 2016's gameplay is more dynamic and fun for me personally. If I can play mods, I would give Doom II the edge due to the mind boggling variety.

Edited by Murdoch

Doom Classic Complete xD 

Well Ultimate Doom if i'm force to pick only 1 , just because it was the first one i've played , and also my first PC game ) 

If I can use custom pwads and mods, then definitely doom 2.

Otherwise I will choose Final doom (coz Plutonia).

I have to be pedantic here, sorry.

I would choose PlayStation Doom if I could only play one Doom game but it's not the actual PS original, because for me that game is harder to play now, and I don't mean the difficulty, I mean it's harder to play for me now due to the wobbly framerate and the controls are not as nice as using a keyboard.

I would choose Doom PSX TC. I choose that because that was my first experience of Doom and I love the different tone of that game.

If I can't choose that then it would have to be Doom II for me as that is the game I have the fondest memories of.

28 minutes ago, Mystic 256 said:

Probably Final Doom

I love TNT Evilution but to this day I've still not played Plutonia. The first map just puts me off the game.

The first 5-6 level of TNT Evilution are some of my favourite maps in Doom, especially Human BBQ & Wormhole. Excellent music in the maps too.

If it was jiust the original maps, Doom 1 - but only if I had no possibility to choose other games - if that was the case I'd rather choose Quake 2 -, but if it was for user content, Doom 2 fares a lot better.

Doom II original maps are often rather mediocre in design, and I passionately hate Revenants and Archviles. Then again, the Super Shotgun compensated for it, and it's an ingenious weapon to use. However, nothing can beat the iconic Doom shareware episode (full version also had quite a few disappointing maps), and for that alone I would always choose Ultimate Doom.

I'd choose DOOM III provided I get mods and modding tools. I might prefer DOOM (2016) if I knew how it played, but never really tried it due to old computers :( 

For the rest of my life? Final Doom because aside from having 2 great megawads, it's the one I've played the least and also the one with the most content and challenge, so it would take longer to make me sick.

I read the title and I sort of expected it to be about this.

Anyway, Doom 2 because there are a lot more wads for it. Also, it's a lot easier to make Doom 1 wads for Doom 2 than it is to make Doom 2 wads for Doom 1.