Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Get Phobo

Doom and Doom II 2020 re-release

Linguica

Any complaints about purported "censorship" of the new IWADs will be removed because they are annoying and off topic. The real censorship is in this thread!

Message added by Linguica

On 1/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, funduke said:

Hello!

I have problems with the windows PC Unity version of Ultimate DooM and DooM II, bought with the bethesda.net launcher.

(...) read further here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2066157 (...)

The in that previous posting detailed problems are gone for no obvious reasons.

I can play the new port, get the addons, etc.

I don't know, what happened, but am pretty happy. :)

Greetings

Funduke

On 1/23/2020 at 11:02 PM, funduke said:

The in that previous posting detailed problems are gone for no obvious reasons.

I can play the new port, get the addons, etc.

I don't know, what happened, but am pretty happy. :)

Greetings

Funduke

Related to my last post here, i have to add, that i found out, what i did, that solved the problem of the unplayable Unity versions of Ultimate DooM and DooM II. I wasn't aware of it, because i didn't do it with any problem-related intention:

I have installed the GOG Galaxy software from gog.com and that solved the problem. I have reproduced the problem and it's solution on three other fresh windows 10 systems and it was always the same: before the installation of GOG Galaxy both Unity Ultimate DooM and Unity DooM II have been unplayable and after the installation of GOG Galaxy everything worked fine. You even don't have to Install games in the GOG Galaxy software. Just install it.

Greetings

Funduke

That's a really weird workaround. I'd suggest perhaps it's a soft library dependency that causes problems when it's missing, and the installation of GOG Galaxy coincidentally installs this library. It's the only rational explanation I can see.

Sounds rather specifically like what was missing was a particular Visual C++ Runtime.