Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiddenShadow

Doom fansite needs staff!

hi i'm guessing your on this board because you like Doom, myself and several other guys are starting a gaming network and we will have a site dedicated to the Doom games ( yes all of them! ) as one of the first sites we launch ( about 15 total ) so if you would like to take a more active role in the Doom comunity or just have some free time to waste feel free contact me about a position on our up and comming site! if you would like to learn more about other jobs on our gaming network feel free to contact me or post here!

Currently we need 1 Webmaster 1 Assistant webmaster and genereal staff for the site and the forum ( the forum won't be up right away but once it is i can get u a mod position )

contact info:

AIM: HiddenShadow228
E-Mail: FlashBack243@juno.com

Thanks for your time,
Josh Trimpey

You can't seriously start a site dedicated to DOOM and DOOM II now. Too late.

myk said:

You can't seriously start a site dedicated to DOOM and DOOM II now. Too late.

Retro is in, even the things that has been done a million times before. I just figure it'll be hard coming up with news not already covered on any of the many, many other doom related sites. But still, I like the idea of yet another doom deticated sites... dunno why, really...

well we will focus mainly on d3 ofcourse but we'll have like strategy sections for the older doom games, but its up to the webmaster what the content will be, once i find one, we'll also be having a lot of user interaction, like a user gallery were users can submit images, they can submit guilds and once we get around to making it we'll have live chat.

Yo Josh, or is that Shadow? :) I'd be glad to have a mod position on your forums whenever they get up!

So you want a webmaster eh?

1) give details (what do you want the site to look like, blah blah blah)

2) restrictions?

3) Host?

4) Skills needed

5) perks

6) anything else

^--give all that info and then people will be able to consider it easier.

yes i guess i should have been a little more spesific, all the design is done, we have a host, were going to run it through a CMS our coder made, i can't give any spesifics on that cause i know jack about such things ( being webdesigner and all ) i would say html is a plus for a webmaster, general staff dos'nt need to know it. perks would be you get to take part more actively in the gaming comunity ( spesfically Doom ), you get fame ( woot ), might be some other stuff like e-mail addresses but i don't want to step ahead of myself here. if you have any more questions on webmaster or general staff please contact me with the info from the first post.

Linguica said:

Funny that no one ever wants to help on DW, heh.

Heh, I'd help but I know jackshit about PHP, maintaining a website, or HTML. Heh, does the quotescript have HTML built in so that like slapping a button automagically puts the HTML in or whatever? (yes, these are the things I think of when I'm really bored, sadly.)

DOOM Anomaly said:

My 'help' usually isn't really needed, wanted, or accepted, so I don't bother..

I'd like to see Anomaly put in charge of antagonizing the D3 n00bs. That would rule!

thanks to everyones whos showed interest so far, we now have a Webmaster and Assistant webmaster, were currently still looking for general staff but you can now contact the webmaster directly about positions, hes a regular on this forum too!

new contact info for JavaGuy the new Webmaster:

AIM: JavaGuy4230
E-Mail: FlashBack243@juno.com ( his is currently down, you can e-mail me and i will forward it to him when his works again )

thanks again,
Josh