Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Microdemon

Least favorite classic Doom or Doom 2 map?

5 minutes ago, Microdemon said:

What don't you like about it if I may ask?

I hate that initial music I awalys ear it when I test my levels

It's a curse

If we aren't counting Icon of Sin and Doom 2's secret levels, then I'll go with The Factory.

E1M6. Not because of the level itself, but by the time I get there, I've gone through E1M1-5 (and E1M9) already; and in my mind, E1M6/7 are just "the other two" before the boss level.

Similarly, E1M4 in Heretic (maybe it's just because I'm not as familiar with them over years of playing, but E1M1-3 feel like much bigger levels than their Doom counterparts) -- which likewise is also a point where the music becomes less iconic and more meh.

And in Hexen, the second visit to Guardian Of Ice, because wendigos.

Edited by Rainne : Heretic/Hexen

Doom: E3M7? (the confusing one with the teleporters). E4M2 (Perfect Hatred) is in a very close second due to its difficulty.

Doom 2: Pretty much any city level would be tied for my least favorite.

Probably the city maps of Doom 2.

But that is it, I do not hate any maps from the OG games.

10 minutes ago, randomgamerguy1997 said:

Doom: E3M7? (the confusing one with the teleporters). E4M2 (Perfect Hatred) is in a very close second due to its difficulty.

Doom 2: Pretty much any city level would be tied for my least favorite.

They Flesh Comsumed in general is a bit much in terms of difficulty 

Any map featuring MT_BOSSSPIT or any other actor endlessly calling A_BrainSpit.

Ultimate Doom: Probably E1M7. It's not really a fault of the map so much as me knowing it like the back of my hand, but it just feels too long. I also can never manage to consistently get 100% kills and/or items. Close second is E2M9 due to being a boring secret level.

Doom II: MAP03. Not sure why, just seems very boring. Again, I've probably seen it too many times. Also don't like D_COUNTD.

I remember Tricks and traps being my least favorite, you see. when i played this map, i walked through the door to the exit while the platforms drop down, i was not fast enough to get to the exit door and i died in the lava.

Nirvana from Doom 2.

Not my least favorite out of the entirety of (official) Classic Doom maps (that goes to Habitat from TNT), but definitely my least favorite out of Doom 1 and 2.

E3M7 is a very strong contender too though... or some maps from Thy Flesh Consumed.

All you know this name. It's big, it's bad, it's ugly. It's a tight rope over sludge with metal roof that makes sludgefalls. Simply the worst level iD Software made. It's even more painful, because it's between two of my favorite maps ever and my two favorite in Doom 2. It's called The Chasm. 

That was until they made Perfect Hatred, but I kinda don't hate it as much now. The Chasm, simply that. 

17 minutes ago, RonLivingston said:

I remember Tricks and traps being my least favorite, you see. when i played this map, i walked through the door to the exit while the platforms drop down, i was not fast enough to get to the exit door and i died in the lava.

Same here. Dying this way at the very end of the map was the worst. No more tricks and traps !

UDoom: E4M1. Very low amount of ammo. I always have to punch imps/pinkies so I have ammo for the barons. And punching guys without the Berserk ain't that fun. The NIN logo is cool though.

Doom 2: Map19. Very confusing and random, unless you know it very well, I guess. Shitload of imps and pinkies.

God this question is getting old. I swear this is like the 4th time I've seen this topic in the last two months.

Just now, Dubbagdarrel said:

God this question is getting old.

This is the Doom General forum, what did you expect? Inherently, almost every topic in this sub-forum has been recycled multiple times

Doom 1: E1M8, E2M8, E3M8 (so all the boss levels, E4M8 isn't great either but is at least better than these three, which have aged horribly)

2 hours ago, Horus said:

This is the Doom General forum, what did you expect? Inherently, almost every topic in this sub-forum has been recycled multiple times

I could suggest mods to look if there are multiple topics for the same thing. Some forums use this practics of banning recycling themes to avoid trolling.