Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ramiel

Official Trailer 2 for DOOM Eternal arrives tomorrow at 12:30pm ET.

That must be the HUB mentioned months ago.

I was expecting something close to those concept art images in that one calendar.

I am very curious about this hud.  It was hinted long ago and I still predict it is the Sentinenl Prime areas shown from the QuackCon 2018 reveal.

12 hours ago, Zemini said:

It was hinted long ago and I still predict it is the Sentinenl Prime areas shown from the QuackCon 2018 reveal.

id Software said the Mars Core demo takes place late in the campaign. In the end of the Mars Core level the Slayer enters a portal to Sentinel Prime. Thus I don't expect it to be the hub area.

A hub? That's an interesting idea and something I believe hasn't been done in a DOOM game before.

With the countdown in mind, i wonder if this means the trailer will be bigger than expected or at least full of relevant information?

I expect info on how the campaign starts.

I think I’m gonna watch this again. And after I do that I’ll watch it again. Upon my third viewing I will take it upon myself to view this trailer a fourth time. When the fourth viewing is complete I will restart the video and begin a fifth viewing. At the end of my sixth viewing I will consider whether or not I will continue watching. 

trailer was aight

That shot of the shattered moon raises more questions than answers, such as:

When did the Moon piss off the Doom Slayer?

..... *wheeze* ....

...w....want.....need......now.....!

Seriously, every trailer makes this game look more and more epic. This is gonna be friggin' awesome.  

EDIT: does anyone else notice that the music drone when the narrator goes "against blah blah blah"...is suspiciously alike to the drone in Doom 3 while Darkstar One is on approach? 

16 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I think I’m gonna watch this again. And after I do that I’ll watch it again. Upon my third viewing I will take it upon myself to view this trailer a fourth time. When the fourth viewing is complete I will restart the video and begin a fifth viewing. At the end of my sixth viewing I will consider whether or not I will continue watching. 

trailer was aight

I also watched it about six times :D

The areas they showed are so beautiful, and it seems that we will not only fight demons.

Doom eternal will be a great game

22 minutes ago, Mortrixs19 said:

He was the Doom 3 marine all this time, lol

My thoughts exactly. Well why not, if original Slayer is still imprisoned somewhere why not the second one to exist, too?

Also!

Spoiler

XWOdiXT.png

Obviously none of this lore is "real" and id Software can make up any nonsense they want but if a dark-haired Doomslayer is a hint that Doom 3 is somehow important to the Lore than I have to give them credit because I don't think anyone ever thought Doom 3 would be a linchpin.

Also note that Doom 3 canonically took place in "2145" and this game is canonically taking place in "2151" whatever that means?

Yeah that demon thing at the 2:00 minute mark caught my eye as well, not sure if that's a boss encounter? Looks pretty badass though. The whole thing looks fairly incredible, to be honest. 

Also, the music at the beginning of this trailer, is it supposed to be a remix/re-imagining of the song from the opening cutscene in Doom 3?

Spoiler

lol I don't know what to believe anymore, first people say it's the Doom 64 guy and now Doom 3 guy, it feels like id is just messing with people at this point.

8 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Also, the music at the beginning of this trailer, is it supposed to be a remix/re-imagining of the song from the opening cutscene in Doom 3?

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, you have keen ears and a very good memory. That is indeed the same track.

The gladiator demon reminds me of Adrian's Baron Of Hell sketch, its face looks closer to it than the Baron that was in Doom '16.

Spoiler

tumblr_nsrvdcef2M1szcxzqo1_1280.jpg

Anyone noticed that the intro is almost like the doom 3 intro

Edit: yup they did, but yea same intro track in that one small teaser too, shame i wasn't the first

I am willing 100% to bet they will add a mugshot/portrait in the hud as a easter egg after you complete the game since they showed his face

I seriously never been so excited for a game since, so much so that Doom Eternal is actually the first game I ever pre-ordered. 

Edited by OneDoomedSpaceMarine

I have predicted that the story of Doom 3 was covered up by the UAC in order to pursue this new hell dimension and energy.  If that is the case, then parts of the new Martian base (Argent Facility, BFG Division and Vega Central) were already being constructed while Doom 3 took place on Mars City.  Not sure how the UAC could rebuild a new base in just 5 years.