Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ramiel

Official Trailer 2 for DOOM Eternal arrives tomorrow at 12:30pm ET.

26 minutes ago, HLRaven said:

Anyone noticed that the intro is almost like the doom 3 intro

I think it's more similar to the quake 2 intro, where all the news channels

are giving information about the invasion of the stroggs

Well, that was a great trailer.

Also, is anyone else starting to get the impression that the Maykrs aren't angels, but something else?

18 minutes ago, OneDoomedSpaceMarine said:

I seriously never been so excited for a game since, so much so that Doom Eternal is actually the first game I ever pre-ordered. 

Same here.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more , the trailer or Mick Gordons music that they played during the countdown on the livestream. Did anyone else hear that shit? It was bad-ass!

Anyway the trailer, I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought Doom 3 when he was putting his helmet on , i'm not sure why I paid so much attention to that but the dark hair definitely gave me those vibes. 

LOVED the Earth aesthetics , especially that plane sticking out of the building kinda reminded me of the original 'Prey' when you see that plane crash land.

I won't try and take a stab at what the plot involves , there's clearly plenty going on though and it ropes you into more over the top demon murder done quite beautifully it seems- great.

So thumbs up from me and roll on March 20th. 

Loved it. Just 2 months guys.

11 minutes ago, OneDoomedSpaceMarine said:

Sub-boss or a boss boss, if that makes since

Capture.PNG

Btw, that boss is the one in this wallpaper

863610426_DoomEternal.jpg.d759f9fda170ed3e6cd0bc668a1e63fe.jpg

Not gonna lie I am hyped up for this.

Say what you want about hype culture or whatever pretentious shit it is called but it's hella good to be excited about something.

46 minutes ago, sluggard said:

lol I don't know what to believe anymore, first people say it's the Doom 64 guy and now Doom 3 guy, it feels like id is just messing with people at this point.

"And I'm.... all the Doom Guys."

My only beef is it seems there's going to be a lot more cutscenes this time around, and I just hope it isn't a pace-breaker.

4 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Homeboy‘s face looks like a classic baron

It's VERY clearly based on the original Baron sketch. I don't want to be a mark for these things but the idea of seeing the OG baron brought to life makes me mark out a little bit.

1 minute ago, Linguica said:

It's VERY clearly based on the original Baron sketch. I don't want to be a mark for these things but the idea of seeing the OG baron brought to life makes me mark out a little bit.

Same here, really cool that Id software brought back the classic demons and made them 3d 

Trailer looks great and there's still a lot to pick up.

Althought i think Gladiator may have the wrong blood color, knowing what his design technically represents and even with the Titan i still hope to see something "iconic" show up in the end.

Also, hope the cutscenes are skippable and don't interrupt the game that much.

So I'm gussing that baron is one of the bruiser brothers brought back, That's super cool. I wonder if it'll be a boss fight with two of the same or if tthere is another one that might look different? we've also seen enough of the classic cyber demon that I assume that it's not a boss but a heavy we'll see a few of. about 2 more months. Looking promising.

Sounds to me like the one speaking at 1:40 is Samuel Hayden. Got the same kinds robotness to it. Also, big baddie sounds a bit like Jen Taylor to me. 

3 hours ago, Linguica said:

I don’t know what being a mark means, but I’m all for it!

The track that plays during the action sequence is absolutely stellar.

It’s entirely possible that Eternal’s OST is actually going to beat out 2016’s.

1 minute ago, Ramiel said:

It’s entirely possible that Eternal’s OST is actually going to beat out 2016’s.

So you can beat perfection.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda unhappy with how the "hub" looks. I imagined something a lot more improvised and roughed up, like Doom guy just found the place good to set base and started furnishing it with guns and ammo crates and punching bags and such. The one shown in the trailer though is too "clean" I think, it's like a sentinel bat-cave they tailor-made for him, which for me personally feels unfitting. I always saw the marine/slayer as an underdog type character.

Looking thick, solid, tight. I just hope the tone remains semi-serious like in 2016 and the new lore is interesting.