Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Good-Old

About the people who aren't here anymore

On 9/23/2022 at 12:27 AM, MrFroz said:

I think the following aren't members of Doomworld per se (although I don't have a way to be 100% sure) but I'm still going to mention them because either they were very interested in anything Doom and/or had probably many people from these forums following their work on YouTube:

GalleyUK - Did gameplay videos of Doom, Half-Life, Quake and Quake 2, amongst others (like Redneck Rampage). He would play the games on at least hard difficulty and would play extensively through them, trying to find all secrets in a level and so. He would also play expansions/mission packs and sometimes even mods (like Malice for Quake). One day his channel vanished for reasons that puzzle me and a few friends as well, because he was doing really good on the platform and his work was nothing short of excellent so we really weren't expecting it. Recently, I was surprised to see that the Quake Wiki still had links to his playthrough series.

44DemonSlayer - He used to be a friend of mine, he played a couple of my Doom levels and his channel was almost exclusively dedicated to Doom (both old and new). I found out about his passing almost five years ago, not long after it happened. It shocked me because he was still very young, and the way I got the news was through searching his profile on Facebook and seeing that his account had been memorialized. His name was Luke and he was from New Jersey.

I knew Marv, somewhat. I was on his Discord server and I also had him on Steam. He was from Argentina like me...but I don't know his reasons to delete/deactivate his channel. He in fact did a video featuring my mod (Blood: Dead on Arrival) which is how I met him and I'm glad that it was eventually reuploaded.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw that you mentioned GalleyUK.

I seem to recall him saying something about health issues and retiring from Youtube. His last ever video playthrough was Serious Sam 3 from what I remember. Why he deleted his channel though, I don't know.

On 6/13/2023 at 2:31 AM, Marmiteman02 said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw that you mentioned GalleyUK.

I seem to recall him saying something about health issues and retiring from Youtube. His last ever video playthrough was Serious Sam 3 from what I remember. Why he deleted his channel though, I don't know.

I still speak to a couple of guys that I met on YouTube who remember GalleyUK as well. I asked them once more about him and one of them confirmed to me that indeed Serious Sam 3: BFE was his last playthrough and not only that but he actually had planned it that way because Serious Sam: TFE was his first ever playthrough uploaded on his channel, so everything came full circle.

One thing I recall is that his Steam account was BulleTheory and that he had a Super Meat Boy profile picture there. I know this because people would often ask for his Steam ID often to add him. As for the reasons behind him deleting his channel that's something I don't know really, but even if his channel was up I doubt it'll be the same because he used annotations as his primary way of doing commentary, and YouTube removed that feature years ago. I really miss both his work and his person.

Although she never had an account here (from what I can tell), ItsMeVeronica, creator of the Isabelle and Deltarune companion mods seems to have just completely gone silent.

Might as well mention, I noticed at some point that @DooM_RO, a guy who I used to see somewhat frequently on these boards, also went conspicuously silent. Not sure why, and maybe someone else knows something about it that I don't. His last post was in August of 2019 and his last sign-in was in March of 2021. What's odd is that he was quite a prolific poster here, and there was no 'slowing to a trickle' of his activity or anything like that, at least not that I can see---he was just posting at his usual frequent pace of at least several posts per day, only to suddenly stop.