Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jason

WAD idea. Help wanted. Willing to pay ONLY IF NECESSARY.

The worst part about this is, jokes aside, a young one get a bad notion of how the world is.
Come on guys!
Didn't you see Deadpool 2?

We need a Cable to fix this ASAP.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:15 AM, Obsidian said:

*Call within the next 10 minutes for a free set of steak knives.

Are those free steak knives available without the maps

On 1/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, Boomslang said:

what's an Idea guy?

someone who only has ideas, no skills, nothing to back em, no prior experience, no knowledge, no patients, no class, no social skills, but they do have ideas

I am not trying to insult, or be mean, but from the very first post, this Jason guy has been hostile and negative "I will ignore anyone who tells me I should learn" - ok, when making a post, as a new member to a community, you should not start off by telling them how you will ignore them if give the WRONG help.

Then people point out his flaws, and reasons this project will have issues, not to be mean or insulting, but because it is the truth, and he gets defensive and says everyone is insulting him. He obviously does not want to work WITH others, but DOMINIATE others and use HIS ideas, and take GLORY AND CREDIT for the work, while all he did was tell someone some ideas.

I have helped many people start companies and I have dealt the IDEA people a lot. One time I helped my friend start a delivery company. He then lost his license and had me do ALL the work for a year under the understanding it was both our company %50 / %50. But the moment he got his license back, no it was ALL his, and he was the main idea guy. so the company was his. Even though I made the logo, I made the web site, I made the car logo designs, I made the price lists for the stores, I made the business cards, I designed the outfits, and the food bags, no, none of that mattered, the original ideas where his, so EVERYTHING was his. He refused to learn any of the software needed to do that. I learnt it all even though I didn't know. The whole time all he did was get drunk and party.  I have been tricked into starting up a few different companies with this same story... IDEA guy does nothing, but wants FULL CONTROL, then someone DOES EVERYTHING and in the end gets nothing, not even proper credit.

No Jason, what you seek, is you want to be an apprentice to a mapper. You want to help make maps, but know nothing of it. You think you got some great ideas that would make good levels, but instead of follow the path you should, which is seek mapping help, and o be a HELPER of a mapper and work with someone learning wadding, and bringing your ideas to life, you approach it as if you are superior, you have the answers, and you need people to answer to you. You make a postion of being in control and in change, when in fact, you cant even make a simple door. 

How dare you demand people with skills you don't have do things for you, then accuse them of insulting you when they don't like being treated like a fool to be used. Had you made this a post asking for an experienced mapper to spend time with you, and work with you, I would have took you up on it, as I am right now thinking of making a WADDING GROUP and working on a larger project as I am now confident in my mapping abilites, but when you spend more time telling people how you will ignore them if they do not do exactly what you want... meh ill pass

Hey, I remember this post, do you still need mapping help?  I'll tell you what, you pay me and I'll teach you how to draw a sector, my rate is $50 per linedef you lay down.  Best offer!

On 2/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, Slimebucket said:

someone who only has ideas, no skills, nothing to back em, no prior experience, no knowledge, no patients, no class, no social skills, but they do have ideas

I am not trying to insult, or be mean, but from the very first post, this Jason guy has been hostile and negative "I will ignore anyone who tells me I should learn" - ok, when making a post, as a new member to a community, you should not start off by telling them how you will ignore them if give the WRONG help.

Then people point out his flaws, and reasons this project will have issues, not to be mean or insulting, but because it is the truth, and he gets defensive and says everyone is insulting him. He obviously does not want to work WITH others, but DOMINIATE others and use HIS ideas, and take GLORY AND CREDIT for the work, while all he did was tell someone some ideas.

I have helped many people start companies and I have dealt the IDEA people a lot. One time I helped my friend start a delivery company. He then lost his license and had me do ALL the work for a year under the understanding it was both our company %50 / %50. But the moment he got his license back, no it was ALL his, and he was the main idea guy. so the company was his. Even though I made the logo, I made the web site, I made the car logo designs, I made the price lists for the stores, I made the business cards, I designed the outfits, and the food bags, no, none of that mattered, the original ideas where his, so EVERYTHING was his. He refused to learn any of the software needed to do that. I learnt it all even though I didn't know. The whole time all he did was get drunk and party.  I have been tricked into starting up a few different companies with this same story... IDEA guy does nothing, but wants FULL CONTROL, then someone DOES EVERYTHING and in the end gets nothing, not even proper credit.

No Jason, what you seek, is you want to be an apprentice to a mapper. You want to help make maps, but know nothing of it. You think you got some great ideas that would make good levels, but instead of follow the path you should, which is seek mapping help, and o be a HELPER of a mapper and work with someone learning wadding, and bringing your ideas to life, you approach it as if you are superior, you have the answers, and you need people to answer to you. You make a postion of being in control and in change, when in fact, you cant even make a simple door. 

How dare you demand people with skills you don't have do things for you, then accuse them of insulting you when they don't like being treated like a fool to be used. Had you made this a post asking for an experienced mapper to spend time with you, and work with you, I would have took you up on it, as I am right now thinking of making a WADDING GROUP and working on a larger project as I am now confident in my mapping abilites, but when you spend more time telling people how you will ignore them if they do not do exactly what you want... meh ill pass

Damn you Laid it into him, yeah i got a similar guy in a discord i am in, says he wants to make a fighting game. has no knowledge or skills, and asks others to do so.

Wait... How the fuck did this circulate back? I thought we kicked this godforsaken thread to Hell!

On 2/20/2020 at 4:12 AM, Jason said:

Are those free steak knives available without the maps

Okay, here goes.

As i see it, you know how to design a level (You are a designer by your own terms) but the placement of ''things'' is where you offer help.

That by itself is not a wrongful request to make and if it was only that, nobody would object. Heck, some have already offered to help out even at this point.

Where most of the sarcasm comes from in my opinion is this:

• You say you can design levels, but you aren't putting any example forward that highlights your ability as a designer. If you want help on filling in the blanks, you first need to have a rough sketch (that is, your design) to be presented. I am wondering: Why haven't you done so?
  • Because of this, obviously people will chip in and ridicule the notion. This is to be expected. After all, what you present is the premise of being a designer, but nothing more.
  • Then frustration sets in, making blanket call outs. Obviously, this did your thread no good.

The matter of the fact remains: Why have you not presented a design for your level(s) yet?

Ignoring the fact that people are willing to make a map for you even without said design, i have yet to see this being answered by you.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, Jason said:

But then there are other users here only discouraging me and I think if I ever have a WAD idea I sure as hell am not sharing it to doomworld because this community can't stand it when I think of something.

Yes, the whole community is out there to get you. :/ That when multiple users chipped in to help. Making an ad populum does not aid your case.

Spoiler, the world does not revolve around you. I clearly understood your premise (As you can read by above) but you will be hard pressed for anyone to take up your offer after this tantrum and without a design sketch in place.

Which brings me back to the question: Why have you not presented a design for your level(s) yet?

On 1/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, Jason said:

I'm definitely gonna take some time not checking this forum for some time after this.

This sounds like the sound of someone who is frustrated he isn't getting his way and thinks he will get even by disappearing from the forums. Again, the world does not revolve around you.

I am sorry that i have to apply a cold shoulder this way, and i mean no ill intent (In case that isn't obvious by the above). But this empty threat of leaving a forum out of spite that, for better or worse, you have contributed next to nothing to so far is nothing short but a hollow victory.

17 hours ago, Scorpius said:

Wait... How the fuck did this circulate back? I thought we kicked this godforsaken thread to Hell!

How the "you said Fuck" did this circulate back?

Well, people actually want to reply you know? Some people try to help, others just make jokes and some even say "fuck".

It's not up to you or anyone to kick threads to Hell, it's only to the guys up there (where?), the moderators!