Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MathsDevil

PJ Plays Doom

Thanks to everyone who has been viewing, subscribing, liking and leaving comments in the last few weeks, and to Coincident for sharing my previous video.

It's time to have an (infighting) party. Come and join me in The Courtyard. This video includes EVERY attempt --- did I do it first time? 

It's still winter here in the Northern Hemisphere so let's warm ourselves up by sprinting around a Sunlust map. This time, it's Down Through and my chance to beat GarrettChan's 7:38 record. How much faster am I? 

No fewer than 8 cyberdemons among the (possibly record for No Damage) 1143 monsters in Cyriak's lovely slaughtermap. Ok, I had to hide while they fought each other. But that's still fun, right? 

Doom 2 continues here, with a not-very-hard but still worthy-of-respect map before things get very hard from Map 20 onwards! 

The BFG in this map is 'unreachable' behind a teleporter line, inserted as a cruel joke by mapmaker Kim 'Torn' Bach. 4ShockBlast found a way to grab it anyway, and he was kind enough to share his expertise with me. The rest, as they say, is history... 

I played the wrong version of Underhalls back in 2020, so it's time to get a legitimate UV Max + Reality time on the board. Ancalagon's record is too good for me to get close to, but did I get sub 2 minutes? 

That Toxic slime tunnel in that Refinery has allowed me through without taking any damage! Find out how, and whether those hitscanners gave me trouble. 

Now for a one-off video. I like to listen to Doom soundtracks but couldn't find the entire Japanese Community Project music anywhere on YouTube. So here it is. Enjoy! 

I fancied playing a map I didn't know, and boy, did Tarnsman have some surprises in store! Lots of drama in Map 05 of Doom 2 In Spain Only... 

Up the difficulty curve we go in Doom 2 with John Romero's Map 20 'Gotcha!'. That famous infight isn't very dangerous for Reality play, but the lost souls on the other hand... 

I'm determined to take on some longer speedruns, because I have certain long-term goals in mind ;-) So here is Sandy Petersen's Downtown, cleared without damage as fast as I can. Thanks to Overmind for inspiring me with his 2021 record in 16:48. By how much did I beat that record? 

It's a return to Going Down and the ground floor of Cyriak's masterpiece. I needed to discover a new tactic to get the Mastermind killed. 

Tarnsman likes harsh hitscanner traps, but somehow I managed to tame the threats in Doom 2 In Spain Only's second map. See the successful run & clips of 11 outtakes: 

Scythe's Map 16 'Burial Grounds' is not hard for No Damage play. But when I rush for a World Record Speedrun, anything is a challenge. I also invented some imaginary friends for a fictional live stream. Don't judge me! 

Map 21 of Doom 2 really tests my Nirv(ana). Sandy Petersen allows the monsters to teleport around, but I did take No Damage in fewer attempts than expected. How many exactly? 

Hi guys, it's been too long since my last upload? Yeah. Too long since Ultimate Doom, so let's revisit UV Speed + Reality on Inferno. Did you think my previous record of 11:29 was quick? Well, check this out... 

So sorry guys, I made an error with the complevel so that previous 'record' wasn't valid. I ran the challenge yet again (!) and submitted the demo BEFORE making the video so it's absolutely fine. But did I go faster? 

A long-overdue return to Skillsaw's masterpiece now. Map 32 of Valiant has even more modified monsters. How hard is it to take No Damage? 

Now I've studied in the library and out-smarted the Book Lords, but I needed some daredevil moments to get the World Record demo! 

Decino has been playing Sunder and had an off-day recording the first map. Let's see (cautiously) how to take No Damage in Python... 

I promised I would revisit Sunlust's first map. I did NOT promise I would take a lot of time off the previous speedrunning record, yet... Find out how fast I went in 2023! 

When I saw that 4ShockBlast had the World Record for No Damage on The Catacombs but GarrettChan was 19 seconds behind, I thought finishing between them would be a good result. Things went a little better than that... 

Arrival is a marvellous episode-length wad that will give me some really tough No Damage challenges. Map 03 was suggested by LadyMistDragon and one chaingunner in particular had a starring role. Watch and discover why: 

Scythe Map 18 'MS Futura' features just 25 monsters, but the Mastermind, her romance with a distant Baron and that very difficult SR50 jump made this a long-lasting No Damage challenge. 

Another Mastermind in this map, it's Doom 2's iconic Map 23. The barrels are not a problem for No Damage, quite the opposite. But the chaingunners and Pain Elementals? That's another story... 

Sunlust Map 03 was very tough, especially the plasma rifle fight. Explore my struggle towards No Damage success in 'Forgotten Shrine': 

Awesome No-Damage playthroughs! I've not watched all of them but what seems it's a really great work. Keep it up :)

Thanks, Yousuf. I'm glad you like this channel. Speaking of keeping it up, here is '3000 AD', the penultimate map of Scythe's 2nd episode. A horde of imps, sniping zombies and archviles --- yet No Damage is very doable. Find out how... 

Sandy Petersen's The Chasm is foreboding with hitscanners and slime. How did I take No Damage and pull off some stylish BFG shots? Also featuring some analysis from Decino of a surprising incident...