Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OfficalGeeDee

Orphaned Bones beta release

First of all, "OfficialGeeDee's Orphaned Bones" has the same energy as "American McGee's Alice" which is probably a good sign

Now, into the map itself, I'm writing this as I play it.

Nice Slough Of Despair-y entrance staircase. Actually, the entire map's aesthetic is very E3/E4 like.

Das a funky bloodfall-blood river separation I'm not entirely sure was intentional?

Clever use of a shotgunner outside to be able to get a shotgun easily.

That's a boner on the map I wasn't ready for, good job on that

I really like this caged imp idea, makes em harder to see, specially with how dark the cages are.

I love how you made the first cacodoor lead into a "Nope" room, as if warning you about how those doors lead into those rooms

Put me into a tiny room with lost souls and gave me an SSG?
Good man. Kind man. Absolute lad.

The feeling you're being surprised followed by panic followed by a last minute save because of a Soulsphere is quintessentially Doom.

I love the backtracking with the keys because the level isn't that big so you aren't lost much.

Someone said there was too much shotgun ammo, but with how much I used the SSG for the hell nobles and how bad I am at videogames I feel like the ammo count is fine.

I really like the music, I felt like it fit a lot, and it certainly upped the atmosphere in the same way Jimmy's OST for Sigil did. call me i can make an mp3 ost

Overall? 9/10. Needs more nail polish.

29 minutes ago, tam said:

First of all, "OfficialGeeDee's Orphaned Bones" has the same energy as "American McGee's Alice" which is probably a good sign

Now, into the map itself, I'm writing this as I play it.

Nice Slough Of Despair-y entrance staircase. Actually, the entire map's aesthetic is very E3/E4 like.

Das a funky bloodfall-blood river separation I'm not entirely sure was intentional?

Clever use of a shotgunner outside to be able to get a shotgun easily.

That's a boner on the map I wasn't ready for, good job on that

I really like this caged imp idea, makes em harder to see, specially with how dark the cages are.

I love how you made the first cacodoor lead into a "Nope" room, as if warning you about how those doors lead into those rooms

Put me into a tiny room with lost souls and gave me an SSG?
Good man. Kind man. Absolute lad.

The feeling you're being surprised followed by panic followed by a last minute save because of a Soulsphere is quintessentially Doom.

I love the backtracking with the keys because the level isn't that big so you aren't lost much.

Someone said there was too much shotgun ammo, but with how much I used the SSG for the hell nobles and how bad I am at videogames I feel like the ammo count is fine.

I really like the music, I felt like it fit a lot, and it certainly upped the atmosphere in the same way Jimmy's OST for Sigil did. call me i can make an mp3 ost

Overall? 9/10. Needs more nail polish.

Glad you got some enjoyment out of it, what exactly would you say is funky about the bloodfall?

5 minutes ago, tam said:

I don't know officer, you tell me.

Hide contents

Screenshot_Doom_20200120_231808.png.397324704881947e64d7a65bcc2c5200.png

Oh yeah, that... I had plans early on for a secret, but abandoned it due to complications and forgot to edit the map afterwards.