Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Untamed64

Mars 3D Re-Release

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but what the heck.

Mars 3D is getting an unofficial, translated, with no stolen assets re-release by mail order Here

Obligatory "Kissu My Ass"

Edited by Untamed64

That is very cool, imho. More obscure asian DOS games should be preserved like that. I hope they also re-release it digitally then?!

1 minute ago, elend said:

I hope they also re-release it digitally then?!

Me too, would be good for Steam or GOG

Here's a gameplay video with commentary (generally favourable) found on a channel with streams of obscure old FPS stuff:

45 minutes ago, MrFlibble said:

Here's a gameplay video with commentary (generally favourable) found on a channel with streams of obscure old FPS stuff:

I thought you were referring to Rolf's Land of FPS who covers all of this or this:
Welcome MrFlibble, i am glad to have found you here, given your interesting obscure games!

On 1/19/2020 at 1:43 PM, Untamed64 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but what the heck.

Mars 3D is getting an unofficial, translated, with no stolen assets re-release by mail order Here

Obligatory "Kissu My Ass"

You are a little bit late, i have my copy since months.

Never  played that Doom clone... Is it worth playing? Is it like a bootleg copy of Doom, taking place on Mars and all? Or more like a mix of Doom/Duke/whatever?

2 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Never  played that Doom clone... Is it worth playing? Is it like a bootleg copy of Doom, taking place on Mars and all? Or more like a mix of Doom/Duke/whatever?

Its its own universe, and not a bootleg copy. It does however play very similar to Doom and Duke and includes several features from both and even Quake (underwater effect). Though some assets like the pistol are simply hilariously re-used, the Mars3D Engine is actually an original work. Just taking very heavy cues from Doom and Duke.

The engine would later power 3D Hero (A third person slasher that uses Quake quad damage sound effects as health power ups) and Tao (a 1998 chinese slasher that highlighted how dated the engine had become).

Good to see this game get more recognition, but will there be Steam/GOG/etc. release when out of stock? I don't feel like spending too much money buying something from Europe...

On 2/11/2020 at 11:22 PM, taufan99 said:

Good to see this game get more recognition, but will there be Steam/GOG/etc. release when out of stock? I don't feel like spending too much money buying something from Europe...

Someone in Duke4.net forum said will release the image after those remaining stock copies all sold.

About Steam/GOG, I don't think so, while this game "technically" is in copyright hell, as I know the dev. company has been long gone, the publisher company never give any shit with that and/or other games from the same dev. company...(even I already know they were related in some degrees), just like most of classic Taiwanese video/PC games and... also put it on Steam/GOG would be very challenge as the game didn't full completed and just short.

But still, it still possible if someone/some guys want to improve the game and make more proper release of the game.

23 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

@Player Lin As in, release the CD image for free or for sale too?

https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10470-mars-3d-community-campaign/page__st__90

Read the last few posts.

Still, keep in mind it'll not be official release as mr-edit and his team didn't care about other releases(won't get that anymore if those copies are sold) so it mostly be non-official if someone uploaded the ISO image.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:29 PM, Player Lin said:

https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10470-mars-3d-community-campaign/page__st__90

Read the last few posts.

Still, keep in mind it'll not be official release as mr-edit and his team didn't care about other releases(won't get that anymore if those copies are sold) so it mostly be non-official if someone uploaded the ISO image.

Welp, that sucks. Hope all copies get sold and send, that way people can grab their hands on the translated game's ISO without further problems.

Been a long time since this was updated, but since all copies have been sold out, the site now releases the ISO for free (scroll below there and you'll find the download link), which weighs only 43 MB.

Oh god! 

The cost for one copy is  38,00 Euro (without shipping costs).

If you're interested, please fill out the following form thoroughly.

(Please, do not use a fake mailaccount, it is used for communication).

they meant to hit the decimal for 38.00 Euros (about $42 US) but made it 3,800 Euros instead (about $4262 US). I am not spending that much for an old game remake. LoL