Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sphagne

16 angles

Is there a Player skin for ZDoom that shows him from 16 different angles compared to normal 8 angles? I need it for my "Doom Side Scroller" level. :)

Sphagne said:

Is there a Player skin for ZDoom that shows him from 16 different angles compared to normal 8 angles? I need it for my "Doom Side Scroller" level. :)

Sphagne, you might want to ask LilWhiteMouse, who has done some sprites in 16 frames.

Archaeo said:

...who is going to make all those extra sprites?

I think Sphagne was asking if someone has already done the sprite work, not if someone can do it for him.

ReX said:

I think Sphagne was asking if someone has already done the sprite work, not if someone can do it for him.

Oh, I see!

ReX said:

Sphagne, you might want to ask LilWhiteMouse, who has done some sprites in 16 frames.

Yeah, LilWhiteMouse has made quite a few awesome sprites, imo. :D

is this gonna be like a contra-like thing? I had seen a doom side scroller b4. it really sucked though.

I am making a level that can be played First person or looking from outside camera all the time, as a third person game, you see doom guy from a distant away and the cameras change as you move around the level, a bit tricky to start but you will get the hang of it after a while! ;-)

Hey, why do you need more angles for that? I know 8 angles looks crappy by today’s standards but that’s 32 extra sprites to contend with.

Because the more angles the better you can say what is your direction and the better you target and shoot monsters! ;-)

It seems like too much work, considering all the monsters in DOOM II. By the way, Adrian Carmack seems to be rather busy to finish the additional frames now.

You might be able to do without the excess sprites dude. You could perhaps have the camera pan up and down and sideways so the crosshairs tell you where you're aiming at. Like jedi knight 2 in 3rd person mode (or are you having it so your view isn't always directly behind the guy?)....or maybe im talking out of my ass

VileSlay said:

is this gonna be like a contra-like thing? I had seen a doom side scroller b4. it really sucked though.

If only a true artist like me produces one. I have. It was cool and simple, in millions of colours, and didnt look cheap. I may start the project again. Obviously, who would expect it to look superiour to doom lol.

Eidos software is licensing the doom3 engine to produce PacMan world!

What? Oh, good idea. Sprites are much work and in this case models would work better. You could use models for the monsters too. But I'm not quite clear on what kind of level you're making...