Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l00k

Spawning Stuff?

Hello, in the doom alpha how do you spawn enemies and light sources? I heard it can be done and i wanna try it. Does anyone know?

I'm not a mod of this forum, nor am I sure if this subject of your is appropriate, but because Alpha Doom is not even supposed to be out and many people are rather unhappy about it, it's probably not a good idea to ask questions like this. Observing the game is okay, but let's save these such things for the real game, eh?

Hmm, i just wanted to test how many lights i can spawn before the game comes to a complete halt, or spawn a few enemies to get a closer look at them, its nothing too extreme.

There will be plenty of opportunities to do these things when Doom 3 is out.

Yes, it is possible to spawn monsters and lights. I won't say how, but have a look at some of the cfg files in the base folder

[Anouncer guy voice]"Hello, in the doom alpha how do you spawn enemies and light sources? I heard it can be done and i wanna try it. Does anyone know?" For It is only a question Time can answer[/Anouncer guy voice] ;P

[Anouncer guy voice]"Hello, in the doom alpha how do you spawn enemies and light sources? I heard it can be done and i wanna try it. Does anyone know?" For It is only a question Time can answer[/Anouncer guy voice] ;P

Rubbish :P, i'm not this Time dude you refer to, and I know the answer :P

LorD BaZTArD said:

Rubbish :P, i'm not this Time dude you refer to, and I know the answer :P

Oh Hush ;P...Besides, it was a mockery of the Ol' tyme anouncer voice guy dude, they usually said things like that, so I thought it was time :D

..a Good example of one is on the game "Freedom Force" or sumthing called like that....It is so funny cuz it has a lame announcer guy.

We can't talk about this here?? I think talking about console commands is in the grey area of DoomWorld's instaban policy so I'll do my part and not pass on this knowledge here.

But since a lot of people have this alpha(and there's nothing that can be done about that anymore so why not have fun with it?), you can check out the doom3.dk forums for lots of info on this stuff.

But then come back here to doomworld for discussion cuz I swear half of people over there are 10 years old, heh.

Load the game with the default cfg file that came with it and press the number pad keys. (No actual game info imparted...)

"testlight" creates a light at your current position
"clearlights" deletes all lights from the map

you can use the "spawn" commands to spawn in certain things from the .def files. For example:

spawn monster_demon_pinky
spawn monster_zombie_fat
spawn weapon_rocketlauncher

etc.

If Doomworld allows a Doom III editing forum, it's got to allow this too.

I wouldn't exactly call the rocket launcher implemented yet, more of a placeholder, I mean, it's Q3's one, made longer and smaller. Same with the BFG/Plasma Rifle.

and yeah, the lights are controlled via the numpad.

Also, The editing forum may exist, but it IS hidden. Maybe for a reason.

LorD BaZTArD said:

I wouldn't exactly call the rocket launcher implemented yet, more of a placeholder, I mean, it's Q3's one, made longer and smaller. Same with the BFG/Plasma Rifle.

What does that have to do with the thread? NOBODY as far as I can see has said anything about the RL being implemented yet.

Lord FlatHead said:

spawn weapon_rocketlauncher

Flathead mentioned the spawn code for the rocket launcher, as I just highlighted. All I meant by my statement was that, although that command works, it's not worth it. Same with the BFG/Plasma rifle.