Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

New 20+ Minutes Of Gameplay Footage! ! !

29 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

WAIT, DID HE GET AN EARLY COPY?

Nope. Some guys were invited by Bethesda to play roughly 4 hours of the latest build of Eternal. Apparently they were allowed to record some parts of the game.  

1 hour ago, Enforcer said:

More footage. Beware of minor spoilers in this one!

"It is your people's time go give penance, just as it was mine." - very interesting line here, with lots of implication

53 minutes ago, Martin-CAI said:

I watched the first minutes. Even though I'm hyped, too much spoilers for me

Yeah, same. I got about 8 minutes in and thought, "what the hell am I doing...", and stopped there. Incredibly hyped for this game, the dash mechanic actually looks really useful and necessary in fights, which I'm glad to see. And after hearing Hugo talk about how deadly the new Mancubus will be in that Noclip podcast, I was eager to see them in action here, and it didn't disappoint. That fat boy looks lethal.  

1 minute ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Yeah, same. I got about 8 minutes in and thought, "what the hell am I doing...", and stopped there.

Yeah, I’ll stick to just trailers from here on out.

But damn, am I satisfied after some of these reveals.

is it just me or does it have too many colors everywhere the HUD the drops and i can deal with it being less "serious" DOOM is not supposed to be serious anyway but the mario spinning chains...too much and so far the whole thing is looking alot less metal and the graphics have that shitty clay feel sequals have idk.... still im excited i guess.

38 minutes ago, aris801 said:

is it just me or does it have too many colors everywhere the HUD the drops and i can deal with it being less "serious" DOOM is not supposed to be serious anyway but the mario spinning chains...too much and so far the whole thing is looking alot less metal and the graphics have that shitty clay feel sequals have idk.... still im excited i guess.

you can customize it, the HUD I mean

39 minutes ago, warman2012 said:

This game is one UGLY 2016 expansion pack. Nuff said.

Given the takeaway from seemingly everyone who was given access to the game was that "it is so much more of a fresh game than we were expecting", I'd be very interested to know where you got the impression that it was merely expansion pack-esque.

4 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Given the takeaway from seemingly everyone who was given access to the game was that "it is so much more of a fresh game than we were expecting", I'd be very interested to know where you got the impression that it was merely expansion pack-esque.

Notice what you said "everyone who was given access to the game." That is a VERY small minority. Also....it kinda has the same animations for glory kills as the predecessor.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

The crowd agrees, a minority of persons.

57 minutes ago, warman2012 said:

This game is one UGLY 2016 expansion pack. Nuff said.

Last I heard Doom Eternal didn't have accessibility options for blind people 

5 hours ago, Enforcer said:

Nope. Some guys were invited by Bethesda to play roughly 4 hours of the latest build of Eternal. Apparently they were allowed to record some parts of the game.  

that's FUCKING SICK

4 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Yeah, same. I got about 8 minutes in and thought, "what the hell am I doing...", and stopped there. 

Yeah, I'm gonna abstain from watching any of these lengthier gameplay vids. Gamespot looks like they have some healthy info today without going into spoiler territory, though.

Super awesome gameplay, the only thing I wish they'd change are those hideous Quake 3 style glowing-pickups for the guns themselves.

In some video, i've see the HUD warning about missiles and a clip of a Revenant's missiles actually going after the player.

I'm glad actual homing rev rockets return and the feedback means you can make it fit in this formula of gameplay.

At this point, look up "Doom Eternal" on Youtube and search by the latest uploaded videos, since there's so much different footage of it.

There's always going to be small touches and details that not everyone will notice.

So that icy wasteland was Earth all along? Man

I had a theory that each game is a cycle in a universe. Humans evolve, build, and then are destroyed. In the ashes, humans rebuild. I’m trying to explain the giant skeletons sticking out of the ice. How did they get there?