Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

New 20+ Minutes Of Gameplay Footage! ! !

10 hours ago, aris801 said:

is it just me or does it have too many colors everywhere the HUD the drops and i can deal with it being less "serious" DOOM is not supposed to be serious anyway but the mario spinning chains...too much and so far the whole thing is looking alot less metal and the graphics have that shitty clay feel sequals have idk.... still im excited i guess.

Totally agree. Two of my least favorite aspects thusfar. I'm not ragging on it, just seems a bit much. At least we can customize the HUD (but to what extent, I'm not sure).

Something's wrong, I'm throwing money at the screen but Doom Eternal won't download on my Steam client.

Here's 5 screenshots i found.

https://imgur.com/a/cZEUZio

They are:

* Shielded Doomhunter in that soul harvesting place.

* Arachnotron on what might be an Earth bulding, along with a Manc and HK.

* A huge mech destroyed, possibly from Earth's military.

* Phobos, but nothing really new here.

* The cultist level, also nothing new.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, thewormofautumn said:

So that icy wasteland was Earth all along? Man

I had a theory that each game is a cycle in a universe. Humans evolve, build, and then are destroyed. In the ashes, humans rebuild. I’m trying to explain the giant skeletons sticking out of the ice. How did they get there?

That's one thing that really intrigues me. Vega explicitly states that there's one Deag Priest in the norther region of the Earth and the world map shows a huge red overlay indicating massive demonic presence on the North Pole.

i like the fatality where doomguy grabs onto the zombieman's arm and goes into UFC mode and the camera pans across the room to a pain elemental sitting at an announcing desk who says "That's a crisp arm triangle"

On 1/21/2020 at 6:34 PM, TakenStew22 said:

Poor Revenant. Gave the Slayer his Super Shotty only to get shot in the face with it as a thank you.

Yeah, he is the same arsehole character as in Doom 2016, where he punched the little drones after they gave him useful stuff.

Here's a video that was deleted from its original source because it showed some footage that probably wasn't meant to be seen, so SPOILERS

It appears that someone broke NDA so in case this reupload is gone too, it's worth backing it up.

Putting it in spoilers:

Spoiler

A place expected to be where you may find the Doom Hunter, Pinkies and Carcass in some fights, some parts of Earth like a generic inside of a building and a destroyed bridge with one truck, then there's some sort of Hell related entrace (possibly leading to the Hell place seen in other footage) where in the background you can see destroyed buildings and roads, the player being sloppy with platforming and climbing platforms that apparently explode if you touch them for too long so you have to be quick.

At least it's what i remember.

In other news, i've seen some footage and i think Lost Souls literally explode when killed, that it can affect barrels and other enemies too, which in some footage lead to other Souls blow up too.

If i recall in 2016, they'd just die without exploding when killed.

This means they fill a similar role to the former engineers as "living" exploding barrels, except the engineers are now stationary like normal barrels and normally fly away when killed.

ah okay. Th

15 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Putting it in spoilers:

Hide contents

A place expected to be where you may find the Doom Hunter, Pinkies and Carcass in some fights, some parts of Earth like a generic inside of a building and a destroyed bridge with one truck, then there's some sort of Hell related entrace (possibly leading to the Hell place seen in other footage) where in the background you can see destroyed buildings and roads, the player being sloppy with platforming and climbing platforms that apparently explode if you touch them for too long so you have to be quick.

At least it's what i remember.

In other news, i've seen some footage and i think Lost Souls literally explode when killed, that it can affect barrels and other enemies too, which in some footage lead to other Souls blow up too.

If i recall in 2016, they'd just die without exploding when killed.

This means they fill a similar role to the former engineers as "living" exploding barrels, except the engineers are now stationary like normal barrels and normally fly away when killed.

Ah okay. That'd be a cool video to see. Did you make an offline copy?

Does anyone else have any gameplay videos worth watching? Preferably from players using mouse + keyboard and jumping and twitching around like Quake players.

Found some other unseen footage where: (SPOILERS)

Spoiler

We get to see more of Earth on Hell or Hell on Earth (probably the former and there's even Titans carrying temples.

Like with the previous video i posted, i hope someone backs this up, in case it's gone.

5 hours ago, whatup876 said:

Found some other unseen footage where: (SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

We get to see more of Earth on Hell or Hell on Earth (probably the former and there's even Titans carrying temples.

Like with the previous video i posted, i hope someone backs this up, in case it's gone.

Was the previously deleted video similar to this one? Looks great but that girl kinda sucks.

Edited by MajorTomCL

2 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

No and the previous one was posted in this thread on this page also.

I even added spoilers for it.

Oh, iirc someone said that the video in question showed part of the intro and a bossfight, is that true?

1 hour ago, MajorTomCL said:

Was the previously deleted video similar to this one? Looks great but that girl kinda sucks.

To summarize quickly what she's saying:

- they were allowed to play for three hours, and allowed to film only in the third hour -- after having had two hours of unfilmed gameplay to familiarize themselves with the game. (I guess that's why Dean Takahashi's vid was pulled out?)

- also only allowed to show 15 minutes of gameplay from what they've filmed, and not one second more (that may be why other vids were pulled out)

- she sucked so bad at the game (yes, she admits it several times) that near the end of the second hour, she got stuck in a fight that she couldn't manage to win, so she restarted the game from the beginning

- that's how she discovered that you can do a "New Game+" at any point (at least in this press demo version)

- as a result, she filmed parts that are in the beginning of the game, those ruins of Earth are apparently at the beginning of the game and you're not supposed to have the plasma gun yet.

- you can entirely customize the HUD, changing the color of elements (she made it fuchsia pink, as you can see) and toggling on or off every single part of the display

- she confuses health and armor (repeatedly saying the flamethrower is for getting hit points back)

- when you're out of ammo, you automatically switch to the chainsaw (even if out of fuel) so as to be able to get ammo back through the chainsaw execution method

- the 3D automap is better than in 2016

- she was told that there were twice as many weapon mods than in 2016

- she compliments the renderer, as she didn't experience motion sickness with it, even though she says she's usually subject to it in 3D games

One of the half-destroyed buildings you can see in that footage reminds me of one of the shots of the cancelled Doom 4.

Doom_4.0.0.jpg

45 minutes ago, Gez said:

- When you're out of ammo, you automatically switch to the chainsaw (even if out of fuel) so as to be able to get ammo back through the chainsaw execution method.

Considering that this time there is not an infinite ammo pistol, thats a pretty cool idea.

25 minutes ago, B-Dawg said:

Thanks for the reup!

Haha, you're welcome :)

12 minutes ago, Linguica said:

One of the half-destroyed buildings you can see in that footage reminds me of one of the shots of the cancelled Doom 4.

Doom_4.0.0.jpg

Yeah, I thought the same, maybe they remade some of the assets using the ones from the scrapped version as a base?

7 minutes ago, Marn said:

I'm 99% sure the parking garage sign seen at 1:37 is straight out of the original leaked environments from way back but I'm currently unable to verify. 

Yup, pretty much.