Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Codex Doom Eternal. New information

The Song of the Wraithcall sounds a lot like an Argent Energy wave, and it seems that the Sentinel People were immune to it, as were some of the workers on Mars during the events of Doom'16. Makes me wonder if modern humanity isn't descended from the Sentinel People. One of the lore blurbs posted on this thread linked below, points to the fact that the Sentinel People conquered many worlds "across the Empyrean void" (aka, the universe). Earth could be a lost colony of Sentinels.

Edited by TheRedTide

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria, or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man, who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens."

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria, or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man, who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens."

Fucking noice.

7 hours ago, Zemini said:

Is that part of the game's lore? I haven't seen it.

So 

Argenta = people of Argent D'Nur

Ancestrals = Titans

Demons = people who couldn't handle a wraith-call?

Deag = Wraith Priests. However 3 of them became Hell Priests, serving the Khan Maykr?

16 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

So 

Argenta = people of Argent D'Nur

Ancestrals = Titans

Demons = people who couldn't handle a wraith-call?

Deag = Wraith Priests. However 3 of them became Hell Priests, serving the Khan Maykr?

-Yes, it is either a plane or a planet.

-Maybe

-I think the people/creatures first became zombies (like we see in the doom games) and evolved into demon forms over the eons.  The story seems to imply there were also demonic creatures in the fracture like the wraiths and ancestrals.

-Yes, they seemed to eventually turn against the wraiths in favor of the Maykrs

It's still not 100% clear if it's all the maykrs or only khan and her subjects that went rogue. Also, (1) how will they retcon the betrayer story? If the deag already knew the location of the wraiths? (2) why did khan maykr gift them with argent energy to destroy them later? And what's the difference between wraith and argent energy?

1 hour ago, Urdak5891 said:

It's still not 100% clear if it's all the maykrs or only khan and her subjects that went rogue. Also, (1) how will they retcon the betrayer story? If the deag already knew the location of the wraiths? (2) why did khan maykr gift them with argent energy to destroy them later? And what's the difference between wraith and argent energy?

Do we know the Khan Makyr is rogue though? Where was that said? Maybe she's being a villain in her official Makyr capacity? In the trailer she says "For millenia we have survived. Made others sacrifice in the name of our prosperity." I'm getting the feeling that the Makyrs have been using other civilisations as meat shields against hell and then churns out religious rhetoric to justify it. As for the Betrayer, did they say he showed the demons where to find the Wraiths? Or just how to circumvent the security the Sentinels had put around them?

38 minutes ago, Liquid Ink said:

As for the Betrayer, did they say he showed the demons where to find the Wraiths? Or just how to circumvent the security the Sentinels had put around them?

In 2016 I think it was implied that he managed to sneak some demons or a portal behind all of the security, although the snippet of that one codec entry seems to also imply he may have also been involved stranding many of the night sentinels in Hell.

The deag are the priests who directly worshipped the wraiths and sacrificed them and appeased them, pretty sure they'd know the location and have access? And still cant wrap my head around the difference between the wraiths and argent energy being gifted later by the maykrs, when in d 2016 it was clear argent energy came from the wraiths. More retconning i guess.

also, yes its my idea she is rogue, i just get the feeling. I think the white maykr with the spear is friendly to the doomslayer at least. He could be the wretch?

meat shields against hell? Its pretty clear now Khan maykr is using or even controlling hell. Also, the word 'penance' is interesting

I think the wraiths just emit raw argent energy that can't be controlled.  The maykrs gave the sentinels argent batteries.

13 hours ago, Urdak5891 said:

how will they retcon the betrayer story? If the deag already knew the location of the wraiths? 

exactly what I thought, too. That part didn’t like up