Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

I'm struggling to decide what games to get

So I tend to go on a spending spree every months for new games to get so I have new stuff to play while bored. I already have a ginormous list of games I'm considering but I'm struggling to decide on what's worth it or not. Here's the list (It's a bit lengthy sorry):

1.    Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far 
2.    The Outer Worlds 
3.    Metro Exodus
4.    Judgement 
5.    Dead Cells 
6.    7 Days to Die 
7.    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth 
8.    Ark Survival Evolved 
9.    Code Vein 
10.    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 
11.    Valfaris 
12.    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered 
13.    Control 
14.    World War Z 
15.    Steamworld Dig 2
16.    Deaths Gambit
17.    Greedfall 
18.    Xcom 2 
19.    The Long Dark
20.    Attack on Titan 2 the Game
21.    Puyo Puyo Tetris
22.    De Blob
23.    De Blob 2
24.    Risk of Rain 2 (Includes original)
25.    Slain: Back from Hell
26.    Dragon Quest Builders 2
27.    Darksiders 2
28.    Journey to the Savage Planet
29.    Dragon Quest Heroes
30.    Dragon Quest Heroes 2
31.    Dragon Quest XI
32.    Plague Tale: Innocence 
33.    Persona 5: Royal
34.    Darkest Dungeon
35.    Dusk Diver
36.    Killing Floor: Incursion 
37.    Stardew Valley 
38.    Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
39.    Geometry Wars 3
40.    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD 

A lot of eh and a lot of must have but either way it's a bit difficult to decide, I was wondering if any of you could help me decide on what to get.

You can give suggestions for other games also but make sure the game is officially released. It's been getting tough to decide nowadays with so much coming out.

Metro Exodus, Ni No Kuni, Control and Valfaris.

I say this is as a pure shooter fan and reviewer. That's a good differentiation. Just gobble a few at a time.

Bloodstained, Code Vein, Metro Exodus and Darksiders would be what I'd go for.

That's a pretty solid list though, so sooner or later if the wallet is strong you might end up getting all of them.

Lots of good stuff on that list.

I would personally avoid Slain. It gets boring pretty quick and its kind of a prototype for Valfaris which is much better.

Others I would avoid: DBZ Kakarot, Ark, Code Vein and Darksiders 2. If you want me to explain my why, I can go into further detail for those in particular.

Out of that list, I would suggest from my experience: DQXI, Persona 5, Metro Exodus, Bloodstained, Geometry Wars 3, Judgement and Valfaris.

The only game on there I've played is Stardew Valley. I HIGHLY recommend if it you've had a stressful day and need some time to relax. The peaceful music and the lack of pressure in any regard makes the game a wonderful relaxation tool... though the fishing mechanic is pretty janky.

The only game on that list that I've played is Darkest Dungeon, and well... if you like the idea of a grueling Lovecraftean adventure that throws "fuck you" situations at you just when you think you're doing well, and you can only level up to a point where the more difficult scenarios still only seem just barely doable, you might like it.  It has a decidedly cool style to it and held my attention for a decent while, but I eventually felt like I was just running through an endless circular grind and not reaching a point where I could progress any more, so got bored of it.

Dead Cells is pretty cool! Valfaris seems great as well, but I didn't played it. I would also suggest Blazing Chrome if you want a Contra-style game.

19 hours ago, seed said:

Bloodstained, Code Vein, Metro Exodus and Darksiders would be what I'd go for.

That's a pretty solid list though, so sooner or later if the wallet is strong you might end up getting all of them.

Yes, to all of these.

Mind you, I haven't played everything I am going to recommend, but people I trust have played them (*cough* the Vinesauce crew *cough*).

2.    The Outer Worlds 
3.    Metro Exodus
5.    Dead Cells 
6.    7 Days to Die 
10.    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 
18.    Xcom 2 
26.    Dragon Quest Builders 2
34.    Darkest Dungeon
37.    Stardew Valley

Disclaimer, the only reason why 7 Days to Die is on there, is because you can mod it. I strongly dislike the core gameplay loop of 7 Days to Die, but you can mod that.

I'd actually recommend Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom, over Bloodstained. I actually liked Bloodstained, but Monster Boy is a very good example of the metroidvania genre that is going more under the radar than it deserves. I felt it was the best one I've played in recent years. 

Valfaris is really great, I guess if you can handle the fact its really kind of asshole hardcore Slain is fine, but I'd say just get Valfaris and forget Slain.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:09 PM, Yourfacedotcom said:

I would avoid: DBZ Kakarot, Ark, Code Vein and Darksiders 2. If you want me to explain my why, I can go into further detail for those in particular.

Why those 4? I've already gotten Darksiders 2 and I personally enjoy it. As for DBZ: Kakarot, I'm gonna avoid it because I'm not that big of a fan of DBZ overall. Ark and Code Vein though seem solid though.

So Metro, Bloodstained, Darkest Dungeon and Valfaris seem to pop up a lot. I've followed through the development of Valfaris since release so it's basically a must get for me.

4 hours ago, ReeseJamPiece said:

Why those 4? I've already gotten Darksiders 2 and I personally enjoy it. As for DBZ: Kakarot, I'm gonna avoid it because I'm not that big of a fan of DBZ overall. Ark and Code Vein though seem solid though.

Well I should have prefaced those choices with "for my taste".

Darksiders 2 is decent, so I kind of take that back. But I got pretty burned out on it about half way through. If you like tiered loot, cool but it became sort of tiresome after awhile. I also did not enjoy the targeting system and having to fight the camera in cramped spaces. I feel like it worked better in Darksiders 1, it was also a more focused game. Darksiders 2 draws from many influences but as a whole it just didn't come together for me.

Ark is a huge time-sink. Last time I played it was a couple years ago so maybe it's better now but it was just a janky, messy experience and the community was pretty bad. I don't think you will get much out of Ark unless you really stick with it and have friends to play with.

Code Vein: I like some anime style games but the whole aesthetic is a little too "edgelord" for my taste. Dark Souls has incredible environments with top-notch art direction. You never need a map in those games because every part of every area is so distinct. Code Vein has less variety in its environments. There is less of an "adventure" element to it. There isn't really much to go explore and discover. The standard enemies are pretty boring, not enough variety. Plus I just didn't enjoy the story focus or the cutscenes. It is very anime trope, but if that's what you are looking for, go for it.

Darkest Dungeon is an addictive game with great atmosphere and voice acting. And XCOM 2 for fams of the first game.

Yeah, Bloodstained, especially if you liked Symphony of the Night. I enjoyed Darksiders 2 as well.