Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

Who Else Agrees That This is the Scariest Moment in the Game?

Hmmmmm, depending on the difficulty level. But at first, this was scary to  be in a little room with this guy. Good thing he just take two shotgun pellets in his head. 

It is totally scary playing it on Nightmare with no saves. Ask me!

I think it's more funny then anything. He's all desperately trying to get through the door on the side and is like "OMG WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING" and then eventually is all like "screw it" and bursts through the window that he could've just went through in the first place.

I'd personally say it's the "they took my baby" scene.  It's so randomly out of place from the rest of the game.  There's very little straight up supernatural stuff in Doom 3, and then randomly they go full F.E.A.R for a minute or two.  Doesn't have any baring on progression, it's just there.  Properly gave me the willies at the time.

When the pinky appeared on my first time playing i was just eager for it to get into the room so that i could kill it already, it didn't scared me at the time. To me, the moment that made me jump out of my seat was on the CPU Complex level. There's a console with a couple of cameras and a couple of them are unavailable if you click on one of those a trite creeps out behind the monitor. It's such a simple thing, yet at the time when i was playing it, i was so immersed into the game that when that happened it was so unexpected that i jumped out of the seat

I forgot about the bathroom mirror scene. and the whispering toilet before the invasion.

19 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I forgot about the bathroom mirror scene. and the whispering toilet before the invasion.

I could never forget that.

btw: remember the Hell Knight who tries to break through a door when you step in front of it and try to open it? Or the poor guy who is, ahem, 'nailed' to the ceiling and cries just before a ton of those freaking monsters with the long tongue and yellow-glowing eyes appear? (I think they're called 'maggots'..)

7 hours ago, unidenti7ied said:

I could never forget that.

btw: remember the Hell Knight who tries to break through a door when you step in front of it and try to open it? Or the poor guy who is, ahem, 'nailed' to the ceiling and cries just before a ton of those freaking monsters with the long tongue and yellow-glowing eyes appear? (I think they're called 'maggots'..)

Yeah I love that part. he goes "Metus dolormus ac fornidoris!"

I think the scariest part is just... any time you're alone in a confined space with Ticks, Trites, or Cherubs.

There was one moment where a Tick crawled out from behind a computer I was using. That might've been in Lost Mission, I'm not sure, but it got me good.

Nothing in Doom 3 scares me by being huge and terrifying. Those three smaller, weaker types of enemies get me by just being wrong on some fundamental level. They're disgusting, they're perversions of nature. They're a triumph of monster design.

7 hours ago, Adekis said:

There was one moment where a Tick crawled out from behind a computer I was using. That might've been in Lost Mission, I'm not sure, but it got me good.

Oh dear, I remember that as well..

The Tick crawled out from behind that computer-terminal when you were done switching/clicking through the different camera-views on the interactive terminal/console, as far as I remember correctly.

It was in the original Doom 3 campaign, in the level where you have to find a new door-panel in order to, well, open the door.

Can't remember the name of the level though..

On 2/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, Adekis said:

Nothing in Doom 3 scares me by being huge and terrifying. Those three smaller, weaker types of enemies get me by just being wrong on some fundamental level. They're disgusting, they're perversions of nature. They're a triumph of monster design.

Honestly the first 2 times I played Doom 3, they made me stop for weeks. They're just... that, wrong, they're not the most dangerous enemies but whenever I see them I freak out.

The scariest moment for me is the beginning of Delta labs. 

All through the game, you've been hearing about how Delta is the most dangerous place of the whole facility, the eye of the demon invasion. Kelly was there and mentions something to you about it. You meet a survivor on that train who warns you about how dangerous it is. 

Then when you finally get there you find... nothing. There's so much carnage and wreckage, the place is more trashed than previous levels. But it's quiet and like the demons have moved on. The first several minutes, you can hear them and see their shadows outside from windows but you don't experience them. It adds quite the feeling of dread. Then when they finally do attack you, they come at you hard.